The 4th of July

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Jul 3, 2017.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

you are marginalizing yourself..........oh wait.....

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Doesn't South Korea have nukes? If their ICBM development isn't stopped Los Angeles may cease to exist.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't think so but we have plenty to go around.

4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I don't belive south Korea has nukes, we probably have tacticals there. But you have to believe that NK has already made the assumption that they will be nuked at some point and are ready for that eventuality. SK probably still hopes that it can avertical a nuke war.
    So with the fact that SK will bear the brunt of any conflict they rightly have the trump card when it comes to how far to push that little fugger.

COTiger likes this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Seoul is on the border and there are more artillary tubes and tanks facing it than were on the Eastern front of WWII. There is practically no way to stop a slaughter in Seoul if war breaks out as many who live there are penned in by a river.
    Neither South Korea or China want war or a collapse of the NK regime. The consequences are too dangerous to both and would likely destabilize both. Nuclear strikes to NK are the worst option possible. Either the NK military would lunge south in desperation or a total NK collapse would have millions of refugees streaming across both the SK & Chinese borders creating a nightmare.
    It will take Chinese pressure to have the NK leadership decapitate the Kim's while preserving the status quo otherwise. That would allow NK to gradually become a viable state. China has the means to force things and we have the means to force China. Whether Trump has the capability to bring this about is at best an open question.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How? By threatening not to buy their stuff?

7. COTiger

I did a Google search and you are correct. S. Korea doesn't have nukes.
    N. Korea's development of an ICBM must be stopped. I don't care who does it or how it's done. BUT, IT MUST BE DONE. I'm all for giving diplomacy a chance to work. But at some point, if those efforts fail, a military option is inevitable.

8. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

As Winston accurately describes both attacking and not attacking are a shit sandwich.

9. COTiger

If you think a diplomatic solution is going to happen then I suggest you start stocking up on bread, mayo, mustard, and toilet paper.

10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

i dont suspect that...i am simply stating it is not as easy as bomb the shit out of them either. we have to find a way to decapitate the regime without causing more harm to our allies than currently exists. and that is going to take some hard decisions in Seoul and Tokyo