The 2017 LSU Baseball Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

CPM has never minced words or protected anyone. Some hate it I'm down with it.

lsu-i-like and Pjoe like this.
  3. Pjoe

I didn't know that about him. You would think that would create some accountability from those under him if he doesn't protect them. Somebody is definitely not doing their job with the bonehead mistakes we are making at the wrong time. Those may be overlooked during a midweek game when the competition level allows us to overcome it, but this is the wrong time to have base running and hitting mistakes.

Bayou Tiger and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Jared Poche’ draws the task of starting another elimination game in Omaha where it is do or die for the Tigers.

The senior left-hander has made two appearances in the CWS and is 2-0 with four runs – three earned – on nine hits in 10.2 innings of work.

Poche’, who is LSU’s all-time wins leader, faced Florida earlier in the season and the Gators dealt him his first setback of the year. Florida pushed four runs across, with three earned, on six hits in just a four-inning stint. He also walked four and threw a wild pitch.

Poche’ hopes to be the guy who held Florida State to just one run in eight innings six days ago before the Noles hit back-to-back solo homers to start the ninth. That is what LSU needs to give the Tigers a chance to win their seventh national championship.

Florida will turn to freshman right-hander Tyler Dyson to give the Gators their first national championship on the diamond.

The 6-foot-2, 230-pounder has thrown 1.1 hitless innings in Omaha and has not been used a lot this season as a starter with only 33 innings under his belt.

Dyson (3-0, 3.55 ERA) faced LSU once on March 24 in relief of Alex Faedo and did not allow a hit in an inning of work, earning one of his two saves on the year. He returned two days later and the Tigers roughed him up with a pair of runs on three hits in one frame where he also hit two batters.

The stage is set for what should be another great game similar to last night’s 4-3 outcome.

5. Pjoe

We don't want similar, we want to send a message that they got lucky in game one and this is our championship!!!

Bengal B likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think we have to play it similar to Oregon State. Jump out to an early lead and put the pressure on them to score to catch up. Florida loves those low scoring games when they play with a lead. We have to flip it. Get out in front early and force their hand.

Bengal B and Pjoe like this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

This is our best shot and what these guys returned for. Put up or shut up time. I like our chances; I think Poché brings a strong performance and the bats show up.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

New York New York

LSU -240 FL +200 7.5 o/u

LSU +115 ML

FL -135 ML

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Your ml numbers can't be right unless it's for the series. Oh nm you have both

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If we don't win I'm not watching another college baseball game until February.

WIN TONIGHT FOR ME! I'LL WATCH TOMORROW IF YOU DO!

Pjoe likes this.