The 2017 LSU Baseball Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Jan 16, 2017.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

So we are on the road for 2 solid weeks after tonight.

Facing a really evenly matched Kentucky team this weekend at their house. Tail of the tape:

They are an overall 25-12, 16-2 at home and 8-9 on the road. They are a stingy 7 in their rpi with a SOS of 11. They are however, 3-7 against top 25 ranked teams. Probably our only saving grace but still, 16-2 at home.

They hit well. As a team, they hit .309 while keeping their opponents to .231. Slugging % is .413 while opponents are .376 (so there is a chance). They have 5 swingers at or above .300 with their 9-hole guy at .263.

Pitching is not the very best we have faced but a very serviceable 3.71 for weekend starters. Their bull pen is pretty healthy as a team, they are throwing 3.49. Solid pen. Their opponents are a mighty 7.07 era so that goes to show they get timely hits whereas, we are not so good.

In the end, we need stout pitching and Poche has been serving up the long ball as of late. Thing is, Kentucky does as well. Wildkats have given up 37 homers on the season while only hitting 36. So a windy day may play in our favor or against. We can hit these guys, but it does no good to get a dozen plus hits without guys in scoring position. Our advantage against their timely hitting ways is we are fielding at the top of the SEC, catchers included. So if we can string together some solid hitting with guys on board, there is always a chance.

But I am calling it. We lose in a rubber match because Walker, despite being the best pitcher in our weekend rotation is due to lay an egg and we are gonna work some pen this weekend. So deal with it. We got the gumps to beat up on the following weekend. Something to rejoice in with a long road series adding a surging tulame game at turchin.
    Worth watching tonight maybe, Kentucky gets #2 Louisville at home.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I think ky is 18-2 at home.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I got 16-2 from D1. Are they wrong? Dunno

Regardless, only 2 losses at home, but still series wins is a pretty large margin for the 3-5 traveling Tigers

4. tirk

No i knew it was one or the other. That's right.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I disagree, we have faced better pitching staffs; which has been our major weakness - inconsistent ability to hit good pitchers.

UF, Ark and Ole have better staffs that UK.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think Lange has finally settled down enough for us to rely on his arm. If Poche can have a better outing, I feel real good about this one.

We have the best fielding in the league.

7. tirk

My bad I didn't see it when I read your post where it was already stated.

8. tirk

Outside of 2 sec series our situational hitting with risp has been almost nonexistent. 50 points below our average. Just atrocious.

9. tirk

First pitch was 632pm first Lamar homerun was 6:32:.03.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. tirk

Chris Blair said we're ready for baseball and the weather will be cooperating it looks like. 3 mins later tarp is out and fans were running for cover. When he said that I was thinking we are in Louisiana.

lsu-i-like likes this.