Thank God we didn't get Tom Herrmann

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 1, 2018.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Premature to say. Didn’t you create threads about how bad our admin was for hiring O and not making more effort to get Herman or Jimbo? Off the bandwagon already, eh?

2. Herb

Herb Founding Member

It probably is premature, but you'd expect him to be better than break even at this point at what is historically THE flagship football program in arguably the richest recruiting state in the country.

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Herman is a good coach and I wanted him here badly....I still think he will do big things at texas. It has to be almost impossible not to get really good players there

4. didit

didit Veteran Member

I like all of the excuses for the boy wonder...

shane0911 and Winston1 like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He is a sig sigma mensa karate kid Danielson black belt after all

furduknfish and ParadiseiNC like this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Herman's a strange cat with the kissing and all which turns to creepy if you lose.

StaceyO and islstl like this.
  7. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Been watching.. You guys are turning it on. (Who knew I got the P12N?) It's hard to get a read on Helton as half the fanbase seems to dislike his coaching to the extreme while the other half is stout behind him. What's your take?

Regarding Herman. It appears everyone is in agreement that Herman is a bona fide asshole. Even the supporters I've read think he's a top notch elitist dick.

By the way, Herman ordered the team PIZZAS during the weather delay? Chip Kelly is rolling over in his grave with the way he is about player nutrition.. that shocked me.

Fun read here.

Listening to his presser on LHN he just raved about his offense especially in 2 minute drills against their own defense "which is a really, really good defense." Some odd quotes and thoughts from him. That Keontay Ingram kid was a stud and never touched the ball in the second half.

When Urban took shots at Herman right away that made me do a double take. He slammed Herman for making excuses last year about not having 'his players' or whatever his bad comment was.

Wonder what the talk is about James Franklin right now.

That dude always seems to be polarizing.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Of all of the coaches you mention here, I like Franklin the most. He'll have PSU there in most games, most seasons. ASU came from 28-0 down in 4th quarter today, and maybe caught them off guard. If anything happened to Oeaux, Franklin would be top on my list, but I think he'll be reluctant to leave PSU for anybody.

Brian likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He inherited a disaster. He would have done much better here, but maybe we did dodge a bullet we will know in a year or 2.

Brian likes this.
  10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Love This! Izzy is gonna make me pull up all sorts of shiit he posted wanting Tom...

didit likes this.