Texas Weather & Senator Ted Cruz

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by COTiger, Feb 18, 2021.

1. TigersofGeauxld

TigersofGeauxld Freshman

2. TigersofGeauxld

TigersofGeauxld Freshman

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

you might be more interesting if you said things on your own instead of posting images and memes.

kids these days need to learn how to speak to people in words.

kcal and BAY0U BENGAL like this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

this obsession with the politics of personal hypocrisy is not healthy.

what are the actual solutions? try to think about it without using the words cruz or aoc.

how about nuclear power?

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

are you guys familair with dunbar's number? its the amount of people social scientists or anthropologists or whatever theorize we can have meaningful relationship with. its because we are evolved to live in smallish tribes.

i have a theory that when we have a stage as big as twitter or the internet, and especially twitter because it encourage pithy comments, and snarky gotchas, that it fucks people up. thats why millenials are just doing woke performances all the time. the audience is too large for people. it makes them performative.

we have created a social networks based dialogue where the currency is snark and sarcasm and proving your political opponents are hypocrites. we dont give the slightest fuck about real outcomes anymore, just out own performances.

this is why my story about biden and china gets less traction than the ted cruz story. because the perfect twitter story is one where you can make a sarcastic snarky joke that gets retweeted and get max exposure. it makes people feel famous when their stupid frivolous fucing nonsense goes viral. and thats al anyone cares about in these sorts of discussion. maximum snark. maximum meme spread.

so these day absent any real ideas or talent or character, everyone just posts funny memes and tries to make the best joke to burn the bad politician. and ted cruz is the perfect target. scoring a funny burn on him with a sarcastic snarky fucking asshole line will win so many internet points.

i am tired of it. you twitter loving faggots can shove your snark up your fake performative woke asses. i know you dont give a fuck about anything but attention.

BAY0U BENGAL likes this.
  6. TigersofGeauxld

TigersofGeauxld Freshman

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

8. VHSTigerGrad

VHSTigerGrad Freshman

He's in love with AOC.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What amazes me is that these idiots spend all their time on social media without trying to use it to make money.

10. TigersofGeauxld

TigersofGeauxld Freshman

REP. MCCAUL APPLAUDS AOC CROSSING PARTY LINES TO HELP TEXAS STORM VICTIMS

Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas, on Sunday hailed progressive lawmaker Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., for “crossing party lines” and working to help people in Texas devastated by a winter storm that took out their power grid.

In an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union,” McCaul said the help from Ocasio-Cortez and Texas Democrat Beto O’Rourke is “what America is about.”

“It’s great AOC and Beto are crossing party lines,” he said. “I think we need to be helping as well, and we will with the federal emergency declaration we got from [President Joe Biden],” he said. “But I think it’s great that they’re crossing party lines to help Americans first and not just Republicans or Democrats. That’s the way it really should be.”

He acknowledged that Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, is “taking heat” for going out of state during the crisis.

“When a crisis hits my state, I’m there. I’m not going to go on some vacation,” he said. “I know Mr. Cruz called it a mistake and owned up to that, but I think that was a big mistake. .. I was on the ground trying to help my people out and my constituents and that’s what we should be doing in a time of crisis just like we did during the hurricane season, as well.”

https://clarion.causeaction.com/202...sing-party-lines-to-help-texas-storm-victims/

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...px.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/