Texas snakes are floating on Harvey floodwaters

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Those "snakes" are Texans in Congress like Senators Cruz and Cornyn, and by "floating" I mean hypocritically seeking Federal disaster relief after voting against such aid for New York and New Jersey after Hurricane Sandy. And just why would they do that? Well, those were blue states and it was an Obama presidency, after all.

Watch this particular jackass, Mike Burgess, try to weasel his way out of answering Chris Cuomo's question on that matter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=ZGYf1C9oJBo

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

My apologies to snakes and jackasses.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

[​IMG]

My name is Sandy.....I am pork personified.

StaceyO likes this.
  4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

5. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

with or without the federal government Texas would recover, cant say the same about the NE...So go ahead and keep spewing your political shit... ass clown.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

So, let's see.... Cruz and his fellow Texas reptiles thought it appropriate to deny Sandy relief because they labeled less than 2% as something with which they disagreed? No wonder that even their fellow Republican called them disgusting.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It was a Republican bill. The point is IMO, both parties abuse this type of disaster to aid their own pet projects and constituency. The total cost of the Sandy relief bill was $50B. Nobody, and I mean nobody whose ever spent even one day in Washington DC, would believe there was no pork there. In fact, Republicans that were elected post-Katrina opposed aid for Sandy while the ones that were in Congress when Katrina hit voted yes. Only 62 of the 180 members of Congress that opposed the Sandy bill were even in Congress in 2005 when Katrina hit. Newer members went back there opposed to rubber stamping aid while the incumbents give the wink, wink approval.

Much was added later, mostly Democrat pork including hundreds of millions with absolutely no plan for how to spend it.

But this isn't Sandy and anyone trying to equivocate is doing nothing but playing politics. America has never experienced what's going on now, from the number of people impacted, to rainfall levels never before measured. We're talking Biblical floods here. Is there anyone, including Cruz, who isn't going to support Federal dollars?

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Agreed but most of the snakes were dems. No side should put any pork in disaster bills should be mandatory they don't.