Texas de Brazil

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by shaqazoolu, Oct 20, 2008.

1. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

One here in Dallas that is ok at best. It is all you can eat but the quality is what you would expect for a deal like that. But we are spoiled here with so many great options for steak.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

It's not that impressive of a salad bar. AFAIK, I think it was around 15 bucks -- there was a bunch of cold beans and weird pickled stuff in it.

Also, if you aren't a big fan of fried plantains there wasn't much in the way of dessert to be had at Marrazil or any other fogo de chao place.

Bottom line, for 100+ bucks you could do a lot better for someone who doesn't want to eat several pounds of red meat. :grin:

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think you were at podnuhs.

quit pissing on shaq's parade.

4. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

My uncle had some kind of weird fruit thing when we went to Fogo in Houston and I know there was plenty of other desserts to chose from cuz it took him like 10 minutes to decide what he wanted. Not sure about the salad bar at TdB but it was the most impressive one I had seen at Fogo. I just don't know if you can get just the salad bar or if its $40 just for walking through the door. Either way, I'm excited and I'm sure I'll do my part to keep them around if they are anything like Fogo. If they suck then I'll just have to start making random trips to Houston again.

5. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

ah yes...but it wasn't in perkins rowe...the land of throw all your money at an uber expensive store (and like it) while you fend off throngs of teenagers on dates pretending they can afford to even walk there...it may actually do well at that location!

6. shaqazoolu

So my cousins, myself and a few friends finally made the trip on Friday night and I have to say that it is everything I had hoped for. My cousin brought his scale with him and we weighed in before and after we went. Between 6 of us, we gained an average of 7lbs each.

The place was actually a lot bigger than I expected and I thought that the service might suffer because of the large area that needed to be covered. Not even close...the service was excellent. The waitstaff were very "real", they joked around with us, they paid attention to what we liked the most and always made it a point to come by and check on us when they had a fresh one even if our cards were on red. The chefs even walked around at some point and asked each table if there was anything in particular they would like to have.

The food was also incredible. Some of the house special that came around seemed to be a little too rare at times but overall, the food was some of the best I've ever had. My favorite remains the filet/filet wrapped in bacon. When we went to Fogo, they didn't have ribs at the time that we went but they had them Friday night at TdB. I don't think I will ever be able to enjoy ribs from anywhere else. Both the BBQ pork ribs and the beef ribs were perfect.

I would still recommend against getting a carbonated beverage or tea. I found out that they also serve their tea in bottles at this place and of course, they charge you for each bottle. I will be making a return trip very soon.

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I was also there Friday night. All I can say is "PHENOMENAL!" I was worried it wouldn't be as good as Fogo de Chao but it was. For only being open a week, the service was great and the food was fantastic. I find it very reasonable priced too.

8. shaqazoolu

So my family is planning on coming to Baton Rouge for TdB to celebrate stuff (I'll spare you the boring story) on Friday night. Plans are made and everything is good. Yesterday, my cousin (the one that always comes to TdB with me) calls me and tells me he is going to be in BR measuring a building for work today...right by Perkins Rowe so of course we have to go.

This of course means that I will be eating TdB for an unprecedented TWO nights in a row. I am filled with anxiety and fear. I can't wait.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

may I suggest a 24 hour fasting before the first meal and no food between the two visits. This will optimize your experience.

10. shaqazoolu

Already part of the plan. :thumb: