Tell the truth Sunday

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Nov 11, 2018.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Though I lack formal training in defensive coordination, if I was king, I would blitz every down. Send three in addition to the down linemen. Just rotate my blitzers to keep them fresh.

Nothing makes QBs antsy like pressure.

2. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Here in Tn there is a school called Bethel Wildcats, they are 10-0. They run a rpo type offense that is very balanced. They usually put up 300 run and 300 pass and it’s fun to watch. They put up 92 on one team this year. It’s the kind of offense most are running this year and done correctly it’s effective. They also are pretty good on D as well so it’s not a big 12 type of game to watch. My son and I have been going when it doesn’t interfere with LSU, they play mostly at 1:30. I think with our athletes we could run this type of offense.

Did I mention Bethel is purple & gold too!

3. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I agree, but I still think our team should be playing like they have a good shot at getting back into the thick of it. 6 of the top 10 teams play each other from here on out so there will be at least 3 losses.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

If they are averaging 300 on the ground and in the passing game it is exactly like a Big 12 game

Pjoe likes this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Mindset has a hand in this as well. Contrast LSU's offensive mindset Saturday - IMO, they quit attacking with about 5:00 left in the 3rd quarter - with Payton's on Sunday. Handed the ball in the red zone with a 21-point lead and only :08 before the half, no one would have faulted him for playing it safe and kicking a FG. He threw it in the end zone - TD, game essentially over, opposing DC fired today.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Not really @shane0911 I don’t get that feel. It’s more ball control short to medium yardage, not that wide open pinball style. I think that is the aspect I like about it. There defense is effective and fresh because they are not on the field all game. I know it’s above average high school league but it’s fun to watch. That is what we need to be, fun to watch. Most of our offensive drives are like root canals.

And I may not be correct on that average yardage but it is balanced.

LSU_4_LIFE and shane0911 like this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

It means 5 years from now lsu will be cutting him a check.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Absolutely. For whatever reason, we are willing to put up with not having a killer instinct on offense. Meanwhile, "drop linebacker" was once a thing that people hated. If Aranda was this conservative on defense, we'd be screaming from the rooftops. But when it's offense, it's OK to be stuck in the stone ages. I guess it's "Tiger football." Well, if being bad on offense is Tiger football, then we're never gonna win another championship...

LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. tirk

We should put the 3 of them in one thread and let them shit in it til no one was left.

Then tiga could tell them what a good job they're doing.

Hang in there. Baseball is around the corner and hoops should absolve much of the sins.

CajunlostinCali likes this.
  10. tirk

Well that's good news. I still think theyd pay aranda something substantial.

lsu-i-like likes this.