Tell about your very first job

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by phlashman, Apr 2, 2008.

1. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

now "thats" some funny "chit"right there!!!!:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Shrimp factory. Shoveliong shrimp out of the ice holes, through a small hatch over your head onto a conveyer belt. Lasted 3 shifts. Seriously, I will be homeless, and unemployed before I ever do that chit again. no set hours, just wait for the phone to ring telling you a boat is in for unloading.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I had various jobs when I was too young to drive like cleaning tugs, sweeping warehouses at the state docks, and worked on two charter fishing boats. I also worked on my uncle's farm but it wasnt bad as we would quit early and shoot birds. I never did any of them for more than part of a summer.

My first job real job when I got a car was working for a company to build tracks and tennis courts. It was hot as hell and never want to do it again.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Transporting patients at a hospital, I suppose would be my first "real job" - although I started working for my Dad doing data entry when I was 13.

There's a funny story that didn't happen to me, but a co-worker at the hospital. He was bringing this woman back to her room in a wheelchair after getting a barrium enema. She kept telling him to hurry, that she really had to use the restroom. He gets her in the room & heads straight for the toilet so that she can jump straight from the wheelchair to the toilet. Well, she goes to hop out of the wheelchair, sticks her butt straight up in the air while turning, and just LETS LOOSE! There was metal-rich $h*t flying everywhere, covering him & a nurse. He had to burn his clothes, even his shoes, because the smell would not come out.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Great thread and a stroll down memory lane. :thumb:

Did a lot of flagging during planting & fertilizing season. Pre GPS?? I'm talking pre color TV :rofl:

6. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

First actual job was a camp counselor in North Carolina. It was really fun. Spent a lot of time on the Ga Tech campus on days off. Thank you KA for the free beer.

First job in college was at Clinique (makeup for those not in the know)- I worked at the Acadian Mall and Mall of Louisiana at the Dillards. Good times- first real taste of reponcibility. I almost got fired for leaving early to go to the State game one year.

First real job is the job I have right now. I coordinate several programs for low income/ at risk kids in the Houston area. I love it!

1 person likes this.
  7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

After the military, I went to USL as a Communications major and got a job at Channel 10 in the production Dept. Occasionally, an audio tape was needed for a new commercial and the "talent" had gone for the day, so I'd run up to the recording booth and tape the audio that would accompany the slides of the commercial. The News Director liked my voice and hired me to work in the News Department. Eventually I was the on air weekend guy doing News and Weather. I did that for 3 years which was my personal "15 minutes of Fame".

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Noticed you left out Sports. :wave:

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I had a retail job in a department store in the Mens Department. It sucked, the people came in to steal regular then run out the front door. But it was funny most of the time.
    Before that my brother and me, had a lawn cutting service, that didnt last too long.

My grandfather, paid us during the summers, to feed the catfish in his stock pond, pick greens and purple hul peas, and work in his fish and bait store, selling minnows, crickets, and worms.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That was David Fontenot's gig. We used to get high in the prop room between the 6 and 10 newscasts and then laugh our azzes off every time he tried to pronounce "Palubinskas". :D