TCU to unveil new uniforms vs LSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger_fan, Aug 19, 2013.

1. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

LOL! Sometimes when the Ducks take the field, I expect a female announcer to say (breathlessly): "Ohhh, Ted, today the Ducks are showcasing the ever-popular “Print Dress Uniform” pattern popularized by Kim Kardashian at last year's Film Festival in Monte Carlo. They are really in the news with this hot off the press design--with their trademark "off the shoulder" feathers in matching tulle fabrics! This should be a great look for those rainy days when you want to curl up and read rather than play 3600 seconds of nasty, sweaty college football. Ewwwww! Our QB will definitely be the most stylish fella on the gridiron, and those boldly positioned color patterns will certainly throw their opponents' D-line back a few yards. Color? "Envy Green" of course!

To complete the Ducks' outfits, check out their lovely “pumps”-style athletic shoes, in matching shades and patterned after their exquisite helmets! They are to die for! They are comfortable, affordable and of course, will never go out of style!"

(With apologies to GiantDuckFan! I know he can take it!)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    Attack Tiger and GiantDuckFan like this.
  2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

There's a lot of specifics in that parody.

VampMuse and gynojunkie like this.
  3. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

4. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

That's pretty similar to Nike's write-up on the new TCU uniforms:

"The frog’s scaly body armor serves as inspiration for TCU’s new football uniform aesthetic, forming a distinctive pattern on the jersey numbers, sleeves, gloves and helmet... The uniform also features red accents that harken back to the horned frog’s defense mechanism - a shot of blood from the eyes that repels encroaching foes. This visual reminder of the “bloodlines” and brotherhood of the team creates a head to toe aesthetic from cleat to helmet. The color scheme is mirrored in the Nike Pro Combat Hypercool baselayer, socks, Nike Vapor Jet 2.0 Gloves, and Nike Alpha Pro TD red chrome-plated cleats. The helmet pulls all of these elements together in TCU’s traditional purple with a satin metallic metal finish. ...
    This fully integrated uniform system incorporates the latest in Nike’s performance innovation, where the athlete’s baselayer works in concert with the entire uniform – true innovation from the inside out. Lightweight padding is integrated directly into the crucial “hit zones” in the baselayer.
    Innovations include integrated Flywire technology in the neckline for reduced weight and lockdown fit over pads. Additionally, increased sleeve articulation provides better range of motion, and four-way stretch fabrication delivers a streamlined, shrink-wrap fit."

5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Its a material world and Im a material girl, or boy.

6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

ouch, Gyno, you cut deep.. what troubles me, is if Oregon ever has a crappy team, how ridiculous will we look then?.. but, not to worry, this year the Duck's will field the deepest, most talented team in the country. And we have a new glo-stick uniform

[​IMG]

7. gynojunkie

My God, you're correct! We're both gay! (I had no idea) Hmmmmm. Crap! How to break the news to my wife now......

8. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

[​IMG]
    #2 is actually two of TCU's key players, All American CB Jason Verrett and RB/QB Trevone Boykin who Patterson said will be getting playing time vs LSU

9. gynojunkie

GDF: Hi! Love the uniforms. And let me be the first to commend the Ducks organization for their environmentally-conscious decision to go with the Glo-Stick colors: they will be playing all of their night games totally without stadium lighting. Fantastic. Saving the West Coast an untold amount of megawattage. I'm going to instruct my broker to buy Cyalume Technologies rotationimage1.png asap!

GEAUX DUCKS!

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  10. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

[​IMG]
    #55 is their starting center