Tampa Bay Rays own best record in the bigs

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Jun 30, 2008.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I did catch the 3 game series at minute maid this weekend where the astros took 2 so that was sweet.

dustin pedroia was the most impressive player both in the field and at the plate. he was 9 of 11 at one point by my count. hitting doubles and homers and getting leather on everything. everything he hit was a seed. this kid is impressive and no soph. slump after his rookie of year award.

also, michael bourn makes jared mitchell look slow running the bases.

regarding the yanks, hughes had a rib injury after it was realized he sucked. he needs more time in the minors because he cant throw a strike. the injury was more of an excuse but it came at the perfect time.

obviously wang is a huge loss because the yankees pitchings is still bad. their problem is cashman and the crappy rotation of wasted money once again. two blind 10 yr olds could have spent money on a better rotation the last 5 years.

mussina and pettite have pitched over their heads in the first half so they will regress.

rasnar, chamberlain and ponson? good luck with that.

Ian Kennedy is worse than Hughes while Kei Igawa is a 40+ mill double-a pitcher.

difference with the sox is they have so much pitching depth they have to create injuries (like hughes) just to keep major league ready pitchers in the minors -from clay bucholz and soon to be masterson.

cards and mets have been crushed by injuries as well but luckily they play in the NL.

note: the most sickening thing at the park was 1/3 of the wannabe 40k+ were pseudo-sox fans. this is in houston. oooooooook.

they all said YOOOOUUUK when youkilis came up and all the typical nonsense the ben afflecks of the world do when pretending they like baseball to get facetime.

its a disgusting sight.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Losing by 1 run on the road ain't getting b!tch slapped.
    Giving up 2 runs and a no-decision ain't getting punked either.

Still early. Lots of baseball still to be played.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I pretty much agree. There's no question that pitching is the difference between the Yanks and Red Sox. I disagree about Pettite and Moose. I think they are pitching to their ability and the slumps were the aberration. I've been hearing about Hughes for 3 years. Who knew he sucked.
    For some reason, the Steinbrenners love Cashman. I have to admit, he's not looking too good right now.

Red Sox fans in Houston? I'll bet you couldn't find a Bosox cap over 2 years old.

4. tirk

well there is some hope because lester is not this good. a good story sure but his peripherals dont back up his era. a correction will be in order.

also the whiffle baller wakefield is still a whiffle ball pitcher.

masterson's correction is already taking place.
    to an extent but their age and recent injury history point to a dl stint for pettitte and moose to level out.
    he sucks now against big league hitting but should be a #2 top of the rotation guy in the near future. just needs time.
    everyone says he has the hardest gig in sports. give me the 250 mill dollar payroll and give me a shot. ill take half of cashmans salary and guarantee better results. at least recently.

i never imagined it being that bad. it was embarrassing. the influence of espn in full effect.

5. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

tirk said wang and huge.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Please don't follow him to the bathroom.

And the "faux fans" must be a Texas thing. I get disgusted by all of the faux hockey fans that show up in Dallas any time the Stars having a shot at making a run in the playoffs. It's just not natural.

In Dallas, sure, tell me you're a rabid Cowboys fan (I even had to join the cult after fighting it for years), but hockey--in the South? Please...

7. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

not me, I've been a Stars season tix holder for 7 years and even play amateur in Grapevine and Euless myself.

But I hear ya, I hate Red Wing games when half the crowd is red all of a sudden.

I pull for the Rangers too but I didn't move to Dallas until I was 10 and had already been initiated a Red Sox fan.

8. tirk

34 of his last 69=.493 average, 6 doubles and 5 homers.

one thing of note-hes one of those small guys but takes huge cuts like hes a cleanup hitter. rarely gets cheated at the plate.

pedroia, ellsbury and moss will likely be fixtures atop that lineup for many years.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

3rd inning right now and Pedroia has a Homer and a triple off Kazmir

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Julio Phucking Lugo just gave the Rays a gift inning ending double play.

Bases juiced, 1 out in the 4th.
    Ellsbury grounds out to second, Lugo slides so far outside the bag to break it up, the ump calls interference. Ellsury out even though he beat the throw.

Anyone in the Tampa area that can go plant an illegal substance on Lugo. Maybe we can get him deported.