Tampa Bay Rays own best record in the bigs

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Jun 30, 2008.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yes, the Rays

50-32

Good to see.

I am pulling for them.

2. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

If they end up making the playoffs it will be the best story in baseball in years.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I'm not.

4. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

Spoken like a Red Sox fan.:grin: Great story and all, but I'd rather see them get the wild card.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Them finishing ahead of the Yanks is enough for me.
    The suicide watch in the Bronx if they finish behind the Rays would be quite entertaining.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Not really. Yankee fans realize that injuries have taken away any shot at the prize for this year. While A-Rod, Jeter, Posada and Giambi have been injured for a large chunk of the season, the killers are season enders to Wang, Hughes and the potential season ender to Matsui. No team could overcome this. I'd like to see the Rays knock the chip off Red Sox Fans' (the ones in Boston) shoulders. By the way, the current crop of Bosox are turning into the Yankees of the late 70s. It won't be long before they are universally hated as well.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Not making the playoff is one thing. But finishing behind a team that has NEVER had a winning record is another matter entirely.

This country loves the underdog. So any team that keeps winning is going to be hated (see: USC, Notre Dame, Yankees, Patriots, Lakers, etc. etc.)
    ESPN force feeding the Bo Sox to America is only going to make it worse.

What was a "feel good" story of them breaking the curse, is quickly turning into "please put someone else on my TV" for most of the Country.

8. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

A-Rod is banging Madonna and has Kaballah on the brain. As a life long Sox fan I love seeing 5 years of Yankee failure and little prospect of success in the next 5 years.

Unfortunately the Sox are already hated and deservedly so b/c everyone hates a winner. :grin:

9. SabanFan

Ummm...the Bosox are a game and a half behind the Rays after getting bitch slapped by them last night. I wouldn't be too confident after your ace got punked by the freakin' Astros. :hihi:

10. SabanFan

Take your shots after the Yanks go 80 :eek: years without a pennant. Red Sox are noobs at this winning thing.