Tampa as always

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by tirk, Sep 20, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

They are who we get, if they play the late game sometime we get a double bill

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Just God-awful performance today. I think the 'Aints have officially returned. It's one thing to lose when you're being competitive, but this team is no longer any fun to watch. Can't believe I'm about to say this and I may get killed for it, but I'm about over Sean Payton.

shane0911 and KyleK like this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You can only get by for so long on the cred you get for winning a Superbowl. Payton's has run out. It's time to clean house. Mickey Loomis needs to go too.

fanatic likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@fanatic @Bengal B A big reason for the drop off is three bad draft classes in a row, in '12, '13, and '14. From the 2012 draft, Akiem Hicks is the only player left. Three players remain from 2013, but the only reliable player of the three seems to be Terron Armstead. John Jenkins hasn't delivered, and Kenny Vaccaro is looking more and more like a bust each week. From 2014, only Brandin Cooks remains. These 3 drafts should form the nucleus of the team now, with at least a dozen players. We've got 5, and only one of them, Armstead, has proven to be a reliable starter. And while I share both of your frustrations with Loomis/Payton, it has to be pointed out that the guy who is most responsible for all of those horrible college talent evaluations is gone. He's been replaced by Jeff Ireland, and this year's draft has every indication of being a standout, with every player appearing to be someone who can stick for awhile. I think change is definitely needed, but I don't know if we need to completely blow up the current organization.

P&G_wheelz007 likes this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

You guys are crazy. I'm frustrated and disappointed, too, but not to the point of firing Loomis and Payton. I expected a 6-10 season this year, personally. They are in the process of rebuilding. Need a year or two to see the results.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I haven't seen this week's participation chart but last week #13 pick in the draft Andrus Peat played all of 3 plays. Looking like a bust to me.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The Saints suck. They are absolutely terrible. They paid Brees too much money, now they can't afford any other players. So they have a bunch of replacement players. Saints need to lose every game this year and draft someone and next year and draft Fournette.

shane0911 and KyleK like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Brees salary is not the problem. Tom Brady makes just as much or more. You have to pay in the $20 million a year range for any top flight QB. Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Ben Roethlisberger, Phillip Rivers and even Russell Wilson all make $20 or more.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Tom Brady has won 4 Super Bowls. Ben 2, Eli 2, how are the Ravens and Chargers since they paid Flacco and San Diego since they paid Rivers? And watch what happens to Seattle next year when everyone else expects big money. It's unsustainable. Drew at his age needs weapons and the Saints can't afford them.

KyleK likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's the sad reality. Brees was going to get paid but the Ain'ts have mismanaged the rest of their cap space. $26 million to Jarius Byrd, $4million a year to Mark Ingram and on and on. There is no quick fix. They could trade Brees and start rebuilding but it won't bring a contender to the Big Easy for a few years to come. The way they have played in their first two games it wouldn't be that shocking to see them go 0-16

ROY_LA_CA likes this.