Talk me out of firing E, Bo, Linehan

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Robidoux87, Dec 5, 2020.

1. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

I don't know, but from what I've read about the situation, wouldnt bet on him being here next season.

TigerTap and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

From what I’ve read from a self-claimed insider, O getting fired is going to be the least of our worries by the time the investigation is done.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Winston1 and tzanghi like this.
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

on TD, tigerbaitlawyer is the one to follow. he's the closest thing to an 'insider' on that board. he's very seldom wrong. here's what he has to say:
    re: Official Tigerbaitlawyer ThreadPosted on 12/9/20 at 6:36 pm to Fat Bastard
    [​IMG]
    I told everyone about the bowl ban weeks ago and no one wanted to believe me. The next few weeks will be very difficult for an LSU fan. The title IX investigation will determine the fate and future of LSU football. Woodward is positioning himself to be the Lsu system president and wants to be viewed as The guy who cleaned up the athletic department.

tzanghi likes this.
  5. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Dude, it’s fucking exhausting on TD. I thought there were negative posters here, but god damn, you’d think Armageddon was on its way when reading that board.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

yes! i follow tigerbaitlawyer and voltiger13. of those, tbl seems to be more spot on

7. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

The Title IX investigation being conducted by the outside law firm is not expected to produce a report till the end of the 1st qtr. next year. Its hard to see firings based upon Title IX violations prior to that time as it gives the administration cover for just cause firings. If that is the case, firing Oeaux at that time would be devastating as a quality replacement would be difficult to find. Who would want to take the job without knowing what potential NCAA sanctions we may get hit with? NCAA investigations are notoriously slow. They probably will not even begin their investigation until we release our in-house report and announce any further self imposed sanctions. We may not know the outcome from the NCAA till the end of 2021 or early 2022.

Based upon what is publicly known it appears that only Verg & the tennis coaches (and therefore LSU) are in huge jeopardy for reporting violations. Unless I missed something, any thing that Oeaux may have known probably came via 3rd party conversations. I doubt that he would be the responsible party to file a report based upon such a conversation. His biggest failure (known at this time) is recruiting kids who are thugs. Nick had a similar big problem his first few yrs at Alabama, and purged a lot of players. The last few years they have been effective about keeping most of their issues in-house.

8. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I totally agree with what you said about O, but I strongly fear that the national agenda to get him out will make the admins send him packing for some dumb reason. You cant go on Reddit in an LSU-based article thread without someone calling him a sexual assault enabler. The media has already done a lot of its damage.

9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

The athletic department is supposedly $80 mil in the hole. I have read that TAF money is also tight. With the huge buyout, the only was we can afford to fire Oeaux is to tie him to directly he Title IX violations. I don’t see that happening in the next few weeks.

lsu-i-like and tzanghi like this.
  10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

all bets are off after next wednesday, early signing day. i think ed will be dead man walking after that. it just all depends on woodward....