TAF Profit/Loss by Sport (per the Advocate)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by seabrookcajun, Feb 20, 2017.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Darts?

I do like to throw Darts but you've lost all credibility with this one.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Just because it doesn't involve intense physical activity doesn't mean it's not a sport. Bowling is also a sport.

3. shane0911

No, that would be a game, just like darts or chess or checkers

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Even football is a game. You can play games in a sport or in a non-sport. Bowling uses a ball. If it uses a ball it's a sport. Some sports use another object rather than a ball, ie, hockey in which the token to be advanced is a puck. Makes more sense for a game that is played on ice to have something that slides rather than rolls. Badminton is a sport. It uses a shuttlecock in place of a tennis like ball to create the fluttering effect that is part of the game.

Let me further elucidate to you why darts is a sport. It involves throwing an object with extreme accuracy, the more accurate the better the player, much like shooting, which is also a sport. A better analogy would be to compare the scoring of darts with the scoring of archery, which is also a sport that can be played by out of shape drunks. Throwing to a target or shooting an arrow is a measurable act, You and anybody watching knows instantly whether you or you opponent has done better without having to await the decision of some judge.

Richdog likes this.
  5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Your philosophy on all the above is really beginning to circle the bowl. But I'll add that I am significantly better at throwing darts when I am drunk than when I am sober. So there's a talent gap analysis that gives more credibility towards it being a game rather than a sport.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Just because you don't invest time to learn judged sports doesn't make them less of a sport. It just makes you less worldly.

Your argument about "you or anyone watching knows who's done better" doesn't work. Plenty of football games have one team win that literally got out played.

You aren't making any good logical points that dispute what is a sport and what is not.

7. shane0911

So is poker a sport? How about monopoly? You've really flown the coo coo's nest with this one.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Me and my friend used to see who could pee the farthest. There ways always a clear winner to our observing friends. Guess it's a sport.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Luckily don't ask don't tell was in place.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Nothing like Gay Fridays and monkey fuckers, but I won't get into that. Something about large amounts of gayness when you group men together. Weird.

Also, I was in when Obama removed it. Oddly enough, we all had to stop doing our "gay games".

tirk likes this.