Tabasco Sauce

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUDad, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I like Tobasco best for gumbo or etoufe. For Jambalaya I like Louisiana hot sauce and when I eat hot wings I douse them with Crystal

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

This is the best I've found................

[​IMG]

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The second part of this. I rarely if ever cook with Tabasco but I will eat it with almost anything. There simply isn't anything better to dress a fried egg with. The trick is knowing just how much to put on.

My ex-father in law had some stuff at the deer camp that was just flat out phucking dangerous. I don't know who made it, what they made it out of buy my first guess at ingredient #1 would be napalm. I'm by no means ready to eat bowl of ghost chilis or anything like that but I can handle some pretty hot stuff. All I did with this stuff was dip my fork in it. That is it, fork in the jar fork out of the jar, vertical the whole time.

It was impossible to finish eating.

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Tony Chachere got his start making his seasoning years ago, he and a few friends of mine had a camp on the North side of I-10 off Bayou Des Glaises.

5. shane0911

You know him TOO!!!!

Who are you? Paul Boudreaux? That is funny if you know the joke.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Years ago somebody gave me a bottle of something called Ortego Sauce. I've never seen it in stores but it was made in Ville Platte and had a picture of an old man with a long white beard on the label. It was so hot that I almost ruined 5 gallons of seafood gumbo with just a few drops. I had the bottle for years and I never came close to using it all.

7. shane0911

Dude, I think that just might be the stuff

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I have a bottle of Ortego sauce. It is about 12 years old and will put hair on your fingernails.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I tried to google ortego hot sauce but it would only show Ortega, another company entirely. I no longer have my bottle. Can you look on the label and see it there is any contact info? Likely its no longer made and was pretty limited distribution when it was around. Mine was the only bottle I've ever seen. It was given to me by the owner of Duby's Furniture that used to be in the Southdowns complex.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member