T.O.?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by clair, Mar 5, 2009.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Even IF we could get past the character issues and decided we wanted to sign him.... How the hell do we afford him? Any available cap room need to go to picking up defensive players, not wideouts.

2. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Im hearing a lot about TO and the Saints today...other teams are Ravens and Redskins.

nothing else has seemed to work for this franchise...i think the distraction possibilities is worth the risk. plus...breez wont take his crap like Romo did.

dunno

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Lets not forget, we are not talking about inserting him into some puritan amish type environment. Do you really want this cat exposed to N.O.? It has trouble written all over it.

4. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

N.O environment will not affect T.O's play and physical condition that excuse is used to much . T.O Knows he doesn't have forever to play and wants a ring and will work hard with what ever team does give him a chance just wish it was the Saints or Dallas rival .

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Don't you mean work hard at destroying whatever team gives him a chance. I mean really, do we need to go back to the 33% of the offensive snaps and he is in the locker room complaining that he didn't get enough? I spell cancer T.O.

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Wow.

I would be willing to take the gamble. Bring T.O. to N.O.

7. DarkHornet

No one has answered my question. How do you afford T.O.? If we can't afford to bring in top defensive help, there's no way we can afford to bring in an overpriced, headcase, on the decline side of his career wide receiver when we have the situation we currently have with our wideouts.

Can I see a reasonable proposal on how we can afford T. O. and still address our defense?

8. pjnchamps

Agree..he's not playing with college kids he's playing with Grown Men if they dont have their own brain to make decisions then they aren't a man in the first place and need to put on a dress. Brees is the leader with of the Saints its clear once they have a problem and Brees wants him gone thats it. People said the same thing about Shockey and we saw on the sideline Brees didn't like what Shockey did on a play and Brees gave him a piece of his mind.

9. pjnchamps

I think we wasted money on Devery Henderson and AA will be better than him probably as he matures. Saints don't have a true #1 Colston is a TE playing WR with 1 good season pair him with T.O and it makes him better instantly. Money side dont have a real answer and contract proposal but figure a 2 or 3 yr Saints should be able to work out some type of bonus and incentive based contract that would work out. LT would be more costly than TO and people want him to come here for some reason.

10. DarkHornet

LT would actually fill a hole. I don't want him personally, but I can understand the interest there.

We have several receivers who fill different roles, and we had the best passing offense in the league without T.O. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Devery's deal is reportedly 4 years for 12 million (6 guaranteed), hardly breaking the bank. For that price, Devery's a good receiver. The hands problem was not there last year, it's possible he's just coming into his own. He's a legitimate deep threat. You want to talk about hands problems, T.O. himself had quite a few drops the last few years.