Syria crosses "red line" again...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by GregLSU, Aug 21, 2013.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

That is whye stay out all together. Let them figure this shit out. If we step in here we wll without fail be allying ourselves with some party that we are fighting somewhere else.

Cajun Sensation, mancha and gyver like this.
  2. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Insha Allah. That is all you have to tell them. Gods will. Works great when you piss off any Arab.

3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

No UN resolution. No Great Britain. Obama is hoping to get backing by Congress, but that will be limited. I can't say enough that we need to sit this out right now. Syria is not Libya. They are backed by the Soviets, China, and North Korea and we will only be helping a faction of the rebels that the CIA are training.

Rodman and his buddy Kim Jong-un might go ape shit on South Korea and Japan for retaliation and then we have WW3.

gyver likes this.
  4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I won't argue with you on this, like I said my ipad wouldn't let me see a huge portion of the page. But in all seriousness I wouldn't put it past him. Putin is one guy I don't trust as far I could throw him. I could see him doing something stupid to try and force Obamas hand further.
    That's a region I think we need to just stay far away from... it's their fight, as bad as the gasing is... Assad has now had plenty of time to move major assets in to areas where civillian casualties will mount up. But thevSenate did vote on a military strike limited as it may be... but going in alone only has bad consequences for us.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Putin can't be trusted, but he's not stupid at all. He's a crafty sonofabitch, a worthy adversary, and a sneaky bastard. Barry must dodge and weave, he must shuck and jive, and he must get right in Putins face! Brutha gots the aces. Brutha knows it.

True dat. But at this point, we must strike to remind everybody who the fucking Superpower is. Yeah, we're tired of war and we're tired of bat-shit crazy ragheads and everything that pisses them off, and we're annoyed by the Brits who have lost their balls. But we'll be dipped in shit before we let a dictator wannabe like Assad flaunt the war-criminal rules. We're fixin' to do the Shock and Awe Shuffle on these boys and the point will not be lost in Damascus . . . nor in Tehran and Pyongyang.

GregLSU likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Good points Red. Putin is not only crafty but he has a mission to rebuild Russia's position in the world at our expense. He sees us as an enemy that needs to be brought down and has done all he could to do so. His treating W and president Obama with contempt is part of his act. The idea to send his legislators over to lobby congress to vote against the Syria resolution wasn't fear but an attempt to embarrass Obama and the US. He may not be able to field an army to match us or have an economy that means shit he is seem as the leader of a consequential country and is a formidable enemy.

I also reluctantly agree we need to make a point to Syria and the world. That is why I advocated (and still do) decapitating the Syrian leadership even at the cost of civilian casualties. I would do it unapologetically and declare that is what we intend. Assad and the other leaders choose to use chemical weapons and show pay for that decision. That would send a message to Tehran, Pyongyang, the ME and Russia.

7. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Winston, I'm going to go against you on this one. The US has nothing to gain by getting involved. There are no sides to take on this. I always find it interesting that the use of the word "we" in ref. to military action normally comes from those who have no stake in it.

gyver likes this.
  8. gyver

It's a lose lose situation. Take out Assad and the country will be taken over by radical muslim groups, along with weapon stockpiles. Nothing we do will win the hearts or minds of those people. Our sympathy and support for the citizens of Syria doesn't mean shit to them. These people shoot their own kids and call it honor killings. It's a ME problem so let the countries of the ME handle it. Russia and china are allied with them. Let them deal with it. The US can't afford to get involved. The citizens of the US can't afford to get involved. Fuel prices will increase as soon as the first missile explodes. Syria hasn't attacked us in anyway. They crossed Barry's red line, not the American citizens. If he's so intent on bombing them. Lets strap his ass to a bomb and drop him from 20000 feet.

9. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I could care less about the Syria people. It's their problem.

gyver likes this.
  10. gyver

There are some countries that just cannot handle democracy. The educational platform is just not there. They base too many decisions on traditional and religious beliefs. Fathers killing daughters for family honor. Cowards strapping bombs to kids. Shiites killing Sunni. And everybody killing Christians and Jews. Those people need a dictator, for now anyway, to keep them from killing each other and their neighbors. Let Syria work out their own internal conflicts. They don't need out help killing them, they're doing fine all by themselves.