Synagogue Shooter in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Sounds to me like you want to blame the media for what Trump says. The media reports what Trump says, they don't make it up. They also reported everything Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan and every other freaking President said.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@Tiger in NC yes every president’s actions are reported. However there has been blatant bias and hysteria in the MSM as well as blatant bias and defense by Fox.
    There is definitely a Trump derangement syndrome that has impacted all the media and exacerbated the divisions in the country. Is Trump responsible? Yes but the reaction by the left and media has made it so much worse that they share in the responsibility as well.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Trump has Jews in his family yet hates Jews. Who knew?

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

There are youtube channels with more views that CNN now. They are literally killing themselves over Trump. People are tired of the CONSTANT bashing.

In no way do they even TRY to help. Just bash.

mctiger likes this.
  5. Tiger in NC

I don't necessarily disagree with the entirety of your post @Winston1. That said, how should the media be handling Trump? We both agree that he says incendiary things almost daily that are obviously going to draw the media's scrutiny. So how, in your opinion, should they be handling him? If they don't report what he says then they technically aren't doing their jobs. If they do report what he says then the media gets labeled as hysterical and biased.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

1st you would have to admit that majority of the time Trump is responding to the media.

I do this with my little kids. I know they are overly emotional. SO, I ignore them when they have a tantrum. Media should do the same.

Not a 24/7 news cycle reading every fucking tweet.

7. Tiger in NC

No, but if he is responding to the media he is most likely responding because he said something outrageous and the media reported it. In essence, he is responding to himself.

at least you recognize how childlike his behavior is

He's the President. His every word is scrutinized regardless of the medium he uses to express it. Trump isn't immune.

It is not their job to try and help. They are not part of his administration nor are they supposed to be. The fourth estate is there to hold elected officials accountable. Maybe it's the accountability that he doesn't like. Ever thought about that?

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Not really. Again, most of the time they are taking things out of context or have a panel to decide his tweets "hidden" meaning.

Sad thing is NC, the news media that protests it acts the same way. Called a black dude a negro on live TV and laughed about it because Kayne had the nerve to "meet" with Trump....Its hateful and childish. All the things they "say" they detest.

Though some are.........

SO sharing their opinions about his tweets is holding him accountable? News flash, its NOT THEIR JOB. That is why their ratings are tanking.

People want unbiased news and they can't stop it.

Further, they have been saying its "hateful rhetoric", so then why do they report it and double down? I mean, if that is true and tweets cause bombings, surely the answer is to ignore it......

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    uscvball likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Actually, they interpret what he says in a variety of ways. That is where they have parted from the past.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood