Sweet Potato in foil, in coals

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUTiga, Jan 6, 2011.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

no

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

The rum's mainly to help dissolve the sugar. you can add cane syrup to the mix as well for extra flavor.

Did anyone try the praline sauce yet?

(I mentioned a melted hogs head cheese sauce on another thread...for pork chops. Did anyone try that? I did it the other day at the cafe and added cane syrup to it as a glaze for grilled pork chops and it was real good. Kyle does a balsamic reduction sauce for pork as well...I did that one and the customers love it.)

Back to sweet potatoes...

3. stevescookin

Baked sweet potatoes are also great in a food fight too.

Those used to regularly happen in the Pentagon cafeteria before the Ole Miss game back in the '70s

(Remember those Red?)

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The biggest one happened just as me and my friends were in the serving line in '73. Huge noise and when we entered the dining room, there was a huge, huge mess and about 200 people had run outside. We found a table in the corner that was relatively clean, wiped off the chairs, sat down and started eating. Soon the LSU Police Farce arrived really angry, as if they had to clean it up. They interrogated us since we were the only people in the place and threaten to arrest us since we were hippie-dressed long-hairs. We pointed out that we still had our food and obviously hadn't thrown it. So they demanded that we describe the perpetrators that we hadn't seen. So we started describing clean-cut frat boys in sweaters and penny loafers until they finally realized that we were shining them and just left.

5. stevescookin

Thanks for not ratting me out...I owe you big time pal !!:D