Obama Suddenly, Obamacare is more unpopular than ever

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Aug 1, 2014.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Finally you admit it was all a ruse to buy votes.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No more than repealing it is an appeal to buy other votes. Wise up.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Wise up. Dems buy votes.

4. red55

So do Republicans. Every tax cut is buying votes.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Nice comeback.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I couldn't agree more. Shkreli didn't just buy the rights to one drug though, he bought the manufacturing licenses for several older, out-of-date life-saving medications and then promptly raised prices. He is garbage.

" Shkreli defended the price hike by saying, "If there was a company that was selling an Aston Martin at the price of a bicycle, and we buy that company and we ask to charge Toyota prices, I don't think that that should be a crime"

Comparing cars and life-saving meds. This is what you get with a 31-year old wunderkind. He's also a big League of Legends gamer. I bet he liked to make clocks when he was a kid.

I might add that I am willing to bet the farm that he was attempting to increase the profit in order to gain personal benefit through bonus or flat out cash payment in order to pay his legal fees.

"Retrophin Inc. was created in 2011 and run from the offices of MSMB Capital as a portfolio company with an emphasis on biotechnology, to create treatments for orphan diseases. In September 2014 Retrophin acquired the rights to Thiola, a drug used to treat the rare disease cystinuria. Shkreli resigned from the company in October 2014 after Retrophin's Board decided to replace him that September with Stephen Aselage. Shkreli then left Retrophin and started Turing Pharmaceuticals. Retrophin filed a $65 million lawsuit against Shkreli in August 2015, claiming he breached his duty of loyalty to the biopharmaceutical company in a long-running dispute over his use of company funds, and alleging that he "committed stock-trading irregularities and other violations of securities rules"

and....
    " In 2011, Shkreli filed requests with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to reject a new type of cancer diagnostic from the manufacturers Navidea Biopharmaceuticals and an inhalable insulin therapy for diabetes from MannKind Corporation, while publicly short-selling the companies' stocks. Both companies' stock values immediately dropped following Shkreli's interventions, and the companies had difficulty launching the products as a result"

I seriously think the FDA should block people like this from being involved in the pharmaceutical industry.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    Bengal B likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Uh, you gonna deny this even though it literally has his NAME on it? Lmao

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I know with osamacare it's costing more.

9. red55

It literally does NOT. It colloquially does. Go back to school.

10. red55

Duuuh! It always costs more. Answer the question.