Strip Search

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by MiketheTiger69, May 15, 2004.

1. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

You don't know a F#$%^&G thing, smart ass. You just proved my point, that some narrow minded a$$%^*e can make an assumption based on nothing and take it to absurdity! Thanks!

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Whoaaaaaa. Touched the hot button.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

so you think if you dont do business online except with whomever... It doesnt matter if you do business at all on the internet or not....do you want me to semi explain to you how someone with a little knowledge can extract this info whether you're online at all or not, ever? Do you think your bank does business online? Do you think your records can be accessed via the same way? Actually doing business online is safer than using your credit card at a restaurant but I'm not going to get into specifics. As far as the govt knowing what books you check out, etc.... they already have access to much more whether you think they do or not. That goes with phone conversations, emails, etc and its not from this administration.

4. MiketheTiger69

No tirk, you don't have to explain anything. I know that all a thief needs is your SS# and they can wipe you out. If I do business face to face or on the internet with a company I know, at least I can be sure of WHO I am doing busines with. I know that banks have taken certain safeguards for my accts. I don't even bank online or put my SS# or phone number or even my driver license # on my checks. I use a P.O. Box for my mail I use my check card or cash for most transactions and I destroy the receipts. I use my credit card only when absolutely necessary. But just like a terrorist attack, I can do only so much to prevent someone stealing my identity. But again, that is the price I pay and willingly pay for living in a free society. If that price is too much for you to bear, go to where everything is controlled by the state, including you.

And I don't know what you base your claim on, but the gov't. has never been able to have access to what you read or watch or tap your phone without a court order or any of the other intrusive things they can do now until the passage of the Patriot Act which came into being under this Administration. Certainly the gov't has been able to amass info about you AFTER you may have been charged with a crime or even in the investigation of one where you may be a suspect but they have NEVER been able to monitor your activities just as a matter of course in the name of "prevention" as they are now. And that my friend, is a GARGANTUAN difference!!

5. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

I've thought all along that if I was advising Osama, I'd hire a few Chinaman or Indians and wipe out the US Economy with a couple of keystrokes.
    Hopefully he never takes the advice I haven't given him.
    I don't get all worked up as you do over the government storm-troopers.
    We've due processed ourselves to the point that guilt or innocence doesn't matter, its all about the quality of the legal representation and more importantly the jury selector.
    While I do not trust this government, especially this Supreme Court, the biggest fear is not some low-level beauracract, rather its some high level corporation ammassing information about you.
    And you surely are not naive' enough to think this is a Democrat vs. Republican issue.
    Yeah, the GOP may be whores, but look closer, or just open your eyes and you'll see the Democrats aren't exactly chaste.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you dont think any muslim is capable of this? lol why would you outsource?

I still fear this will happen on some level and its a risk to our entire economy on many if not all levels. Just a matter of time... hell this may be a start:

Cisco Probing Possible Theft of Source Code

7. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Actually according to the USA Patriot Act of 2001, Sec. 501
    "An investigation conducted under this section shall--

`(A) be conducted under guidelines approved by the Attorney General under Executive Order 12333 (or a successor order); and

`(B) not be conducted of a United States person solely upon the basis of activities protected by the first amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

`(b) Each application under this section--

`(1) shall be made to--

`(A) a judge of the court established by section 103(a); or

`(B) a United States Magistrate Judge under chapter 43 of title 28, United States Code, who is publicly designated by the Chief Justice of the United States to have the power to hear applications and grant orders for the production of tangible things under this section on behalf of a judge of that court; and

`(2) shall specify that the records concerned are sought for an authorized investigation conducted in accordance with subsection (a)(2) to protect against international terrorism or clandestine intelligence activities.

Also Sec. 502
    "On a semiannual basis, the Attorney General shall fully inform the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence of the House of Representatives and the Select Committee on Intelligence of the Senate concerning all requests for the production of tangible things under section 402.

`(b) On a semiannual basis, the Attorney General shall provide to the Committees on the Judiciary of the House of Representatives and the Senate a report setting forth with respect to the preceding 6-month period--

`(1) the total number of applications made for orders approving requests for the production of tangible things under section 402; and

`(2) the total number of such orders either granted, modified, or denied.'. "

Now before you go saying that anybody can be detained indefinately if the government so chooses to classify them as a domestic terrorist, however if you read Sec. 802 in the Patriot Act it clearly defines a domestic terrorist as
    " activities that--

`(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;

`(B) appear to be intended--

`(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;

`(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or

`(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and

`(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.'. "

8. MiketheTiger69

First of all, thanks gimp for the clarification. I feel a LITTLE better now!

M.O.M., I think I have stated, or at least my intent was, in previous posts on this subject and other, that the real terrorist threat to the common man lies within our own country, be it from gov't or Big Business. I know everyon here who has read my posts will swear that I am a liberal Democrat of the Far Far Far left but it is not true. I am really a moderate and I don't think that there is really a huge difference in the Democrats or Republicans when we get down to the nub. It is just that the Democrats espouse values closer to mine than the Republicans.

I grew up in a Republican home and voted Republican for years. But then I went out into the world and learned to see things and think for myself and I saw that there were two sides to every story, that politicians will tell you what you want to hear and then do what the lobbyists pay them for. To be quite honest, I am sick and tired of both lying parties and having to choose between the lesser of two evils. Yes I do think Bill Clinton overall was a decent President. Not perfect, no one is but I thought overall he did a good job. No I don't think W is the worst president we've ever had but I strongly disagree with most of the decisions he's made. If Bill Clinton had taken the path in Iraq W has I would have disagreed with him. I think W has lied to America, his financial policies are hurting us and I don't think John Kerry is the answer either. I've stated that I do support the war in Afghanistan.

When Clinton signed the NAFTA pact I was furious. My gripe with W is that he's seen what this horrible pact has done with our job and economic situation and does nothing about it. Yet even those who agree with me on this staunchly defend him.

This administration has the American people so afraid of what MIGHT happen that they are blind to what IS happening, both with the economy and with our freedoms. I know it is easy to think we can deny others their rights and freedoms and still remain the America we all like to think of, that bastion of freedom and opportunity that everybody wants to be part of, but we can't. Because that America is an America where EVERYBODY is given the same rights and freedom EQUALLY! Once you cross the line of denying some, then it is just a short walk to denying others and then all. Personally I don't want to go down that path. But honestly, I don't know if that America has ever existed except in dreams.

From previous posts and comments by others who frequent here, I believe I am the oldest person posting on here, nearly 56 years old. Most of you are young, in your 20's and 30's. If so that means I've lived most of the history you have read about. Doesn't make me an old sage by any means. I lived the race riots of the '50's and '60'. I was there when we had separate water fountains for blacks and whites and I remember blacks coming to white schools and being spit on, when black men were lynched just on the word of some white woman who was told to lie about him raping her or just failing to move aside as she passed on the sidewalk. I remember discrimination of the worst sort based simply on the color of one's skin. Now we are dangerously close to that again.

I lived the anti-war protests of the '60's and '70's. I enlisted in the Navy in 1968 but was physically unfit due to a foot and ankle abnormality. I had three good friends die needlessly in Viet Nam and almost lost a cousin. I saw reported on the news every night and every day in the newspaper, just as now, the casualty reports, the battle reports. The fighting and dying and reporting are the same, only the enemy has changed. And it didn't make any difference who was in office, Dem or Rep.

My point in all this is that we've been down this path before. I've seen how ugly it is and I don't like seeing us go down it again. I don't want your sons and daughters coming home needlessly in flag draped coffins from fighting a war we can't win. And we can't win it because as someone who vehemently disagrees with me said it is not only in Iraq that we have to fight it. We can't win it as long as we support some of the very regimes that are causing it, such as the Saudis. And I certainly don't like what is happening to us here in America in pursuit of flawed policies by this administration. I don't want to see this country torn apart by years of protest to fighting this war like we were in the '60's and '70's and believe me, you don't either!

9. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

So how did you get in "trouble"? What's the story behind that?

10. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

Man this kills me to say this, LOL but I find myself somewhat agreeing with Mike69. to the extent that I don't remember which founding father said this but it goes something like " anyone willing to sacrafice any of their freedoms for safety, deserve neither"

That being said, let me now make an ass of myself but it's how I feel. This war on terror can be won but won't be easy. I believe if we are attacked on our home soil again, drastic measures will have to be taken. Such as all arabs, muslims, middle easterners of any type will need to be rounded up the same as the germans and japanese were during world war II. This country has apologized for this behavior in the past but the powers that be, did what they felt was necessary to protect this country. I know in this scenerio a lot of good people will suffer for the want of the bad. But at the same time we may never know how much harm we actually prevented by doing this . I may sound or be paranoid but I have no doubt that the enemy is already amongst us, and it will take extraordinary measures to defeat them. Others here have posted some quotes from the koran, I don't read these quotes , and then try to tell myself, yeah this is a peaceful religion. It may be as they say about discussing politics or religion, it can lead too terrible arguements, but when you actually start fighting over, or for your religion,the only way to win that fight ( I believe like martin said ) is to completely anhialate the enemy " islam". I do believe their stated goal is to either convert us or kill us. Well I intend to stay an infidel. While I in no way believe we started this war, I sure as hell hope we finish it.

My son just received his orders for Irag. All your prayers for him and those that serve are greatly appreciated!!