Still in the top 10

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TheRealist, Nov 27, 2018.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

hurumph, I only have two

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Rolling and smoking?

TerryP and GiantDuckFan like this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

no, I'm a poor joint roller actually, too tiny at the ends, too fat in the middle,.. sorry, can't say more, my superpowers are top secret

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    furduknfish, ehusson80 and Bengal B like this.
  4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Impregnated...lol

I still have to use a dollar bill...hypothetically speaking of course...

GiantDuckFan and furduknfish like this.
  5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Sure does seem like we were playing two teams at times this year. Refs and whatever team was on the other sideline.

6. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

If you need lessons let me know.

Bengal B and GiantDuckFan like this.
  7. GiantDuckFan

thanks, but I'm hopeless,.. and I'm all about bongs now

JaxTigFan likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I’ll give Orgeron credit for this season. 9-3 is pretty damn good considering you still have no offense, and you lost 4 at the beginning of the season and played with 1 cornerback the last few games of the season. I’m hopeful for him as a head coach but.....My fear though is what it always was with Miles, the overall record is good enough to make the problems seem minimal and it’s the same problem. The unwillingness to modernize the offense and I actually think Miles tried to do it but never had the right person running the show on offense and never had the right qb to do what his vision required. Periloux would have been the dude. He tried to make a zone read option style offense hybrid with a pro style I formation 2 tight offense. But we just never had the qb who was a true dual threat like a Cam Newton or Lamar Jackson etc etc. Some of you will just say I’m an O detractor but tell me why I shouldn’t be afraid that we will continue to see this same bland old tired offense that looks good at times bad at times and does nothing against Alabama.

TheRealist and CalcoTiger like this.
  9. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

The offense has modernized a bit. Never saw a QB run 25 times under Miles. Never saw more pass than RB runs under Miles. That being said I agree it needs more modernization. So I think you’re in the right spot. Happy where we are, but hungry for more. Next season needs to be 11-2 or better.

10. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Good assessment. I think most predicted 8-4 if I remember and we still have a chance at 10. I am not unhappy with our season at all . I think it is something to build on. But if you look at the games we lost our offense just didn't produce the kind of numbers to put games away . Their are reasons that we have to improve if we want our offense to be consistently good .

Oline has to improve

Design Of Plays and openness of offense

Receivers and dropped balls and bad routes

I think for the most part our offense will show more experience and have a year under their belt where the young guys grow up and maybe E can have a little more confidence in them to take a little more risks with play calling.

Our defense will hopefully see the same effect on dline. We are losing some key players like Devin White and possible few others but we need to hit the weight room hard this offseason.

The SEC west is the toughest division in college football and it isn't even close. Lets get better and it looks like a great recruiting class is on the way so things look good for next year.

TheRealist and Winston1 like this.