Still a few in what's left of the pond

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Sep 23, 2016.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Few folks came over for fish fry tonight so since I had a little time to kill headed back to the pond with a few crickets to see if I could get a couple more bluegills to add to the fry. Did better than I expected getting 12 more nice ones. I don't see how their still in there being its only about 10 inches deep at the most but gonna keep getting em out while I can. Got a cousin comin soon to look at it see exactly what it'll take to get it fixed back up. Damn beaver is a destructive critter.
    [​IMG]

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Why don't you shoot the beaver?

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Where there's one, there's a family.

4. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

We kept em killed out for years. Then my grandpa got sick and with kids etc we kinda slacked off paying attention to it and they stopped up the drain and dammed the spillway. Couple big rains and the dam washed out. At that point the Beavers kept patching it so they were the only thing keeping it intact so left em alone then. It's been that way for over 5 years now and actually they had made it better as far as the fish goes bc it was covered in thick lilly pads couldn't fish in it. They deepened it up and got rid of the Lilly's but the bad spot in the dam they kept patching kept getting thinner till it finally couldn't hold up any more. Should have it fixed from behind the beaver repair forwards then killed em out but we didn't and of course to late to worry about that now.

5. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Beaver hunting was the best way I learned to shoot a rifle at a young age. Taught me site picture and alignment, how to lead an animal, and that beer looked awesome.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I LOVE to hunt beaver