Status of the board!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Feb 28, 2023.

1. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

If he kills the site would he at least be willing to let go of the data. How difficult would it be to import that data into a new site.

shane0911, TBTrumpet and kcal like this.
  2. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Would hate to see this go away even though I lurk more than post. Like others, I have been following this site for over 20 years which is scary. Noticed that it has slowed down tremendously the last few years but didn't realize that it had splintered off into other boards. Hope this gets all sorted out. Open to a reasonable subscription fee.

shane0911 and LSUTiga like this.
  3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

A decade ago I came here a lot. Fun times "RESPECTFULLY" arguing with Red, LaSalle, and so many others. And then some new people and some existing people pushed the conversations to the dark side. One or two of those I couldn't tolerate or ignore. And work became super busy and this wasn't fun anymore so I stayed away.

But I checked in every once and a while. One such time was just as KyleK posted his "this place is getting nasty and I'm shutting it down" message a year or so ago. People got freaked out, then everyone held virtual hands, humed Kumbaya, and promised to be better. And the site got better, IMO, but it didn't last. It once again became like a contest to see who could out "FUCK YOU" each other. FUCK YOU; well "DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION FUCK YOU"; oh yea "I TRIPLE DOG DARE FUCK YOU". Boring and no fun so I left again. Checked in today and its dejavu.

All that being said, and even though I now only occasionally drop in, I would hate to see this site disappear. I understand it's not a money thing but I would be willing to donate. If for no other reason other than to make a statement of support saying "This site has great history and a lot of good memories documenting Tiger Fans thoughts in a golden age of Tiger Football. Lets not discard it; let's give it a chance to be that again for the new golden age now starting.

@KyleK - if you are unable or unwilling to continue with the site please find a way to hand it off to someone who can.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

we could all leave and close the site and leave a message that says we all moved to whererver it was gamedaytigers or whatever you mentioned

shane0911 likes this.
  5. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

So we need to is have someone hack the server steal all the data.

Stand up a new server in country that will tell Kyle to go pound sand

newtigerfan.com is born

shane0911 likes this.
  6. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

Yes I have watched to many tv shows that the hoodie guy in the corner of the coffee shop can do anything on a laptop and 5 keystrokes.

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That may be the play

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Lots of ways we can skin this. We can just straight up make new forum and everyone can register there. I know there is a lot of history here, but we can always start over.

There are some features we used to have here I miss.

LSUTiga likes this.
  10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I'm pretty sure that you and @KyleK are the same person. What kind of Vulcan mind meld game are you playing?

lsu-i-like and Herb like this.