Status of the board!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Feb 28, 2023.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It's up in the air folks. @KyleK is super busy but he is also getting older and more sensitive by the day so he wants to kill the site instead of upgrading the software. I don't agree with that decision, there is too much history here and just because he pays the bill doesn't give him the right to be sole executioner to that history. He is so bothered that he won't even return my text anymore so it probably means the tyrant will carry out the death sentence.

@Nutriaitch has a board and he could always use the traffic. He and Fish have a good thing going there so if little Hitler won't budge I recommend a migration to his place for those that aren't already there. Find them at gamedaytigers.com

Feel free to PM me with questions or concerns and I'll answer them as best I can.

Shane

LSUTiga and BornOnTheBayou like this.
  2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

dang…..

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

What kind of $ are we talking about to upgrade the software?

4. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

Thanks for confirming what I have long suspected. Iconcheers.gif

shane0911 likes this.
  5. shane0911

Nothing myself or any other person making the ends meet couldn't handle I'm sure. It doesn't have to be me but I'll do it to make the place better and keep it alive. Hell it can be a co op or something I really don't care as long as we don't let it die in the hands of lord farquaad!

Chipeace and TBTrumpet like this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Not sure about the upgrade but it sounds like about a grand a year for the server space. My wife and I are at retired/close to being retired status so that means fixed income and the money won't be coming from me. And I'm not going to tell Kyle or anyone else what they can or can't afford. Obviously there are some personality issues involved too, and both parties have vented to me privately, but I'm not going to get between them. I haven't been posting much lately because I can only get on at work because of the upgrade issues, and I've been super busy at work as well. But I'll be here until they chain the door.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

My wife and I are both already retired. I regularly read Dandy Don and donate to support his site and would happily do so to keep TigerFan going. It would only take $50 from 20 regular members to cover the grand for the servers.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Seems like in the early days of this board (when it was called Tiger Forums), Brett tried to do an annual fundraiser. Don't know how it went but I'd contribute as well.

GiantDuckFan, Chipeace and kcal like this.
  9. shane0911

Close

You had to be a contributor to be able to post in some of the fourms. It was $20 a year.

mctiger likes this.
  10. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I, for one, would not want to see this board go away and would gladly offer moral and financial support to help keep it going.

msully, fanatic, GiantDuckFan and 3 others like this.