Squirrel Hunting???

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by LSUTiga, Sep 29, 2011.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Anyone going Saturday?

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I would really like to go, but it is still too hot and the brush is still too full where we go. It will probably be late November before I make my first trip.

I really hate the little bastards right now, as I just had one bringing havoc in my attic. Luckily, when I trapped her she was still pregnant, so I got her before she had the litter.

3. LSUTiga

I prefer hunting while there are a lot of leaves and in thick shyt too. I hear most before seeing them.

I went walk where I'm going tomorrow. First time to hunt there. I saw 4 and heard others barking but the wind kicked up by 7:00 and I was out at 7:30. Only wanted to go scout a bit.

I'm going with a friend who is camping with some other dudes. I no longer eat them so I'm going to give him what I kill and let him say he killed them when he gets to the camp. :D He's not a very good squirrel hunter. He stuggles to get one to put in the pot every year for opening weekend. I could've easily gotten 4 but this morning but wasn't even in the woods much more than an hour.

When I hear a squirrel barking I usually get 'em. They are never as far as they sound and usually an easy kill. Either they're mad or very comfortable when they're willing to give up their location.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I use a squirrel in distress call when I hunt and it really gets them barking and shrieking.

5. LSUTiga

Those lil suckas have been hit & miss for me. Maybe it depends on what part of the season, I'm not sure. I can pretty much simulate it with my mouth and without the little saucer deal though not quite the same pitch.

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

7. LSUTiga

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Had a ton off fun shooting them though!

9. LSUTiga

Didn't get a limit but was out of the woods by 8:00. Was excited to get a couple of fox squirrels. Where I used to hunt I'd only kill cat squirrels. Those school buses hit the ground with much more of a thump.

[​IMG]

10. LSUTiga

Went back yesterday morning. Got 4 but hunted longer. There were a lot of squirrels it's just awful dry.