Spurrier gives Brock Berlin unconditional release

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ellis Hugh, Dec 13, 2001.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

the thing about spurrier.......most people have a negative perception of him, but do you ever hear his former players saying "what a jerk that guy was!! I hated playing there"

no, never. he really seems to get a bad rap. the players and assistant coaches and his family know him, the media and fans around the country, don't.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Do any Gator fans out there think Spurrier would have done the same thing if he KNEW Berlin wanted to go to FSU? No way he ends up there. The way the story was presented makes it look like a recruiting ploy. Especially the way it came out this week during a VERY crucial time when last pitches are made to sell a program to high school athletes. The biggest concern for athletes going to Florida is probably, "Can I start here?" This gives them something to fall back on.

3. geau74

geau74 Guest

Berlin does not need to come here...

He cannot take a chance on a team that already has a quarterback, as he may wind up no better of than at Florida, where he left. If that happens to him again, he is done. He must look for a program that he will definitely start for. Maybe a deal like Mack Brown made with Phil Simms, where he committed to start his boy.

4. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

he has stated that he is thinking of going to texas tech. that would be a good choice for him because they pass a lot. if im not mistaken their quaterback is going to be a senior too. I think that is were he will go. If not there then i think he will go too texas. I don't think he will come here or any other louisiana school. He also might think about miami, but that just my 2 cents.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Well Miami is mentioned as one of his top D1 choices along with Texas Tech (the new head coach recruited Brock back in high school).

UF will play Miami two of the three years Brock will be there so that's no different than letting him go to FSU.

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Someone above mentioned they didn't think Spurrier would say it was OK to go to FSU if he thought he wanted to go, but one of the 2 places that he has supposedly narrowed it down to is Miami (Texas Tech being the other). In case you aren't aware Miami IS on the Gators schedule in 2002 and 2003. So when Spurrier says he doesn't mind where he goes believe it!

7. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

hey never know he might be destined to be the next great miami qb. When i say great i mean great college qb not pro. I think it would be awesome if he went to miami. If he did I think Spurrier would change all the signals, but they would defiantly know all the plays. I think miami would kill them if they did.

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I wouldn't want Berlin, he didn't choose us at first. He would bring that Evangel-Booty family atitude, plus hes played under Steve Spurrier, thats a big minus

9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

brock is likely to go to miami he has stated it is between them and texas tech

Brock is likely to go to miami he stated it is close between the canes and texas tech