Spring Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Feb 8, 2017.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Offensive line. Everything that is questionable about how this offense will produce depends entirely on the line. I still don't trust Grimes, but it is put up or gtfo time.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Grimes zone blocking may mesh better with Canada's scheme. I'm also not sold on Grimes, but hopeful pairing with Canada will bring improvement on the OL.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Why is Grimes the whipping boy here? You act like a pack of wolves one jumps on and then the whole pack follows suit. You guys need to get a grip our OL was rated one of the best in the country and if you kept up there were many injuries. We ran on everyone and passing game improved tremendously. Cant fault any OL coach who had to perform with under a Miles offense. We signed a good group of OL's this year under Grimes. Besides coach O kept him, nuff said. Not sold on Grimes? I am not sold on you guys football IQ.

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Doesn't even take a football IQ to review the bammer game and decide that unless you are even competative with that bammer d line, you are playing 2nd fiddle in the West. 2nd fiddle in the West doesn't play for championships. It settles for the best bowl left.

Saying that our o line is okay despite the balance of the season is like saying that it's dumb to get rid of Miles at 80%. O line must improve to even sniff Atlanta. Period.

For Grimes sake, I sure hope it does.

Brian likes this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Grimes has been around for awhile and we haven't come close to running on the gumps and at times the piggies and ole piss. Frankly for the last 3 or so years it didn't matter what plays were called against bama their d line ate our o line for breakfast lunch and dinner. Now you can blame it on Les's offence/play calling or Tommy Moffitt's strength and conditioning or Grimes's coaching, but as @CajunlostinCali said if we can't be significantly more effective in our line play then we'll still most likely be playing for #2 in the west.
    I have no problem with O and Canada keeping him but the line needs to produce.

TwistedTiger and Brian like this.
  6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

QB just got even more interesting...

Richdog likes this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Just dont agree made my point

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Like a dog hanging around a dinner table hoping for scraps??

Confirmed.

9. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

A militant LSU Alum F.A.N.S. (Football At Night Supporter) Don't like the atmosphere in the stadium in the daylight. Not the same. Not LSU football.

kluke likes this.
  10. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Totally agree. When its rocking, there is no place like TS saturday night.