Spring Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Feb 8, 2017.

1. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

Too bad Myles Brennan couldn't enroll early and compete this Spring.

I want to see that guy in an LSU uniform!

Bengal B likes this.
  2. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

For many years, I've been screaming for this.

I refuse to watch any LSU football game in the daylight and I'll be in the stadium for this since it's going to be a nocturnal event..................

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

What are you like a . . . Vampire?:)

4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Prob ginger

kcal, lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

The big question is, "how much playing time will the young guys get?" Will it be mostly Etling and Harris? Or will Scott, McMillan, and Narcisse get significant snaps? I'd like to see Etling and Harris on one team and the young guns on the other.

I can't help but wonder how much Etling will fit in with Canada's scheme. It seems that he and CEO want a dual threat guy. Etling is a decent runner, but he is not DT. Harris is a good runner but he is an idiot with no accuracy. Scott has WR speed and arm but lacks in size. Narcisse is apparently Mr. Glass. McMillan, I don't now much about.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I would think that Canada would use the game to get a good look at what the veteran potential starters look like, with the youngsters getting a few reps. If Harris couldn't run Cams 1950's offense he would be a total disaster trying to run Canada's. If they're looking for a duel threat QB it will either be Scott or McMillan, Harris doesn't have what it takes between the ears.

8. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Etling has the most game experience and appears to be the brightest bulb which will be what's needed to run Canada's offense. I say let Etling run it while we groom the next guy. All reports are that Etling is a pretty sharp guy and with a coach working his strengths and the multiple movement Canada uses he should be even better. Keep in mind movement and uncertainty will slow down the pressure and give our QB time to make reads. Harris has showed with a little over a season he is not capable of making reads.

TwistedTiger and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I saw McMillan once in a high school playoff game and he was terrific as a dual threat. When I heard he was coming to LSU I was excited. I can't say his skills translate to the college game, but I'd like to see what he can do.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

From the little I saw of Pitt's QB this year and what I have read, he and Etling are similar in skill set. Etling will have to improve on his accuracy though. I think LSU can have a very capable offense with Etling, but I wouldn't expect great. I still think it would/will be much better than Miles ball.