Spring Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Apr 5, 2014.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

We'll then why ask questions you clearly know the answer too.

Rivers was nothing more than a tall brother to a NFL QB. If he has it, Cam would have seen it like he did in Mett.

The "type" of QB is disproven by Mett. Think what you want but Miles uses both styles. Member 2007???? You just choose to make false assumptions.

didit likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

And for the record, Miles has used a prostyle QB majority of the time here at LSU.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

It's easy to panic about the QB situation and have flashbacks of the 2008-2010 seasons, but just remember who was coaching the QBs back then, and then remember that he couldn't even hack it in the friggin' CFL. Quite frankly, there's no one that I would rather have bring the young guns along than Cameron. Guy is a certified, grade-A badass. Let's let him do his thing.

Rolan, StaceyO, gyver and 3 others like this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I don't remember this happening. Most people seemed to be psyched up about an eventual battle for the job between Jennings and Rettig. Rivers was a 3-star recruit now in his 4th season. Given this staff's rep for developing unsung talent out of HS (Terence Magee, Jerald Hawkins and Jalen Mills are just the most recent examples; all were 3-stars), its clear Rivers never had what it takes to start in the SEC.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

really

6. dudley

dudley oops!

Yeah, I think that's pretty much true. Miles wanted a mobile quarterback. I didn't just think that up. It was reported multiple times in the media. Jennings had a pretty good spring game last year and I think that was that, although Rivers had arguably a better game. After that everybody was on the Jennings train (including me). Right about now I suspect some people are getting off that train (including me).

One thing Miles seems to try to avoid is a quarterback controversy. His backup never gets in the game. Not a single snap. He stays hidden. I think he would rather lose a game, even a National Championship, game than have a controversy. Hard to have a controversy when you only see one quarterback.

My question now, is Brandon Harris really being given a chance to compete? I suspect Jennings will be the starter and you won't see Harris for a while even though It's pretty apparent he's the most talented.

Rambled a bit, but that's the way I see it. Yes, really.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Oh lawd

StaceyO likes this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I agree with your premise in that second paragraph, although "not a single snap" is a bit of an exaggeration. Jennings appeared in a couple of games, but about all he was allowed to do was hand off. I ranted about this after the Kent game, I think. I also think other than occasionally ridiculous clock management, this may be Miles' biggest failing as a head coach.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Rivers really struggled last spring, dont think he was ever better than Jennings.

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I hope that all of the young QBs are allowed to throw the ball and run the playbook in those early season cupcake games after Wisconsin. Miles may have that old school mentality of ensure the W and get out of the game with no injuries. Most of us fans have the mentality that we need to continue to improve during the course of the season by working on the passing game so that it evolves into a more complex, cohesive unit by the middle to end of the year. I don't have enough evidence to have a feeling on how Cam feels about this area.