Spring football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Veteran Member

Tra
    Transition year maybe?

2. mctiger

mctiger closet claustrophic Staff Member

Which kind of goes back to my thought when Brady was hired. He may be offensive coordinator-in-waiting. Just needs a little more seasoning before taking over the spot.

kcal, lsu-i-like and Brian like this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Might be right. If it improves the offense I’m all for it.

4. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I don't wanna be labeled as negative, but I have to say, I view everything that I hear about LSUs offense to be propaganda until the season starts. Media is not allowed in so all we are getting is coaches and players saying stuff like "we are much better prepared this year", "we are really seeing some differences in scheme", all the normal cliches. They've said the same stuff every season since 2008 and only one of those seasons was the offense actually good.

Brady was brought in as the passing game coordinator, but everything I've heard suggests that Brady was responsible for much of the Taysom Hill packages from last season which, almost were never passing anything. I don't believe for a second that he had a large role in the Saints passing offense because Sean Payton and Drew Bree's have done...ummmm...pretty well in that department for almost 15 years.

Brady may be helping with the RPO and spread concepts, but the Saints hardly ever threw the ball out of those formations....so color me skeptical

lsu-i-like likes this.