Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Mar 7, 2019.
Transition year maybe?
Which kind of goes back to my thought when Brady was hired. He may be offensive coordinator-in-waiting. Just needs a little more seasoning before taking over the spot.
Might be right. If it improves the offense I’m all for it.
I don't wanna be labeled as negative, but I have to say, I view everything that I hear about LSUs offense to be propaganda until the season starts. Media is not allowed in so all we are getting is coaches and players saying stuff like "we are much better prepared this year", "we are really seeing some differences in scheme", all the normal cliches. They've said the same stuff every season since 2008 and only one of those seasons was the offense actually good.
Brady was brought in as the passing game coordinator, but everything I've heard suggests that Brady was responsible for much of the Taysom Hill packages from last season which, almost were never passing anything. I don't believe for a second that he had a large role in the Saints passing offense because Sean Payton and Drew Bree's have done...ummmm...pretty well in that department for almost 15 years.
Brady may be helping with the RPO and spread concepts, but the Saints hardly ever threw the ball out of those formations....so color me skeptical
2019 Spring College Football Rankings, Predictions: No. 1 to 130
123. Akron Zips.... gotta root for a team named the Zips
110. Navy Midshipmen,.... Go Navy, I'm used to them being better, what happened?
87. Kansas Jayhawks..... c'mon Les
79. Oregon State Beavers..... stinking up the pac, yet again
73. Appalachian State Mountaineers..... ? @APPTiger
67. Arkansas Razorbacks..... worst SEC team?
56. Fresno State Bulldogs..... way underrated, Jeff Tedford again on the rise
48. Boston College Eagles..... I always overrate them
44. Boise State Broncos.... piss on em
38. Minnesota Golden Gophers..... Go Golden Gophers, Fleck's year?
36. UCLA Bruins.... Chip !
34. Florida State Seminoles..... %&!# taggart
33. USC Trojans.... I'm skeptical
25. UCF Knights..... overrated crybabies
23. Washington State Cougars..... unknown, a new Sr transfer QB
18. Utah Utes.... #18, I don't think so
16. Washington Huskies..... dog puke, lost a ton of players, both sides of the ball
14. Auburn Tigers.... open against the Ducks at JerryWorld
9. Oregon Ducks..... woot woot
7. LSU Tigers..... sic em Tigers
Navy lost its way. The much feared, or annoying, triple option, has worked well for Navy. Last year they ended up without a QB that could execute, and they tried three different guys without success. They became a crippled semi-single wing team with undersized line and mediocre backs. Making winning even more difficult, they are now in a conference, American Athletic, which has some pretty good teams.
The head coach, whom I am no fan of, cleaned house of many assistants and has id’d his QB going forward. Unfortunately, I’m pretty sure it’s one of the guys that was less than stellar last year.
We will see. After kicking Army’s butt on the reg for 10+ years, Army has won three in a row, and smart money is on them to make it four.
Grrrrrhhhhhhh!!!! Geaux Navy, Beat Army!
Is the spring game televised Saturday?
Kickoff for the contest is scheduled for 1 p.m. and the game will be broadcast on the LSU Sports Radio Network and can be heard in the Baton Rouge area on 104.5/104.9 FM as well as on the internet at www.LSUsports.net/live. The game will also be televised on the SEC Network.