Spring football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Mar 7, 2019.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Notes from day 1, courtesy 247sports....
    The no. 7 jersey goes to.....Grant Delpit

K'lavon Chaisson was a full participant and "showed off some impressive quickness in drills."

Position changes.....Kenan Jones from WR to safety (also number change, from 82 to 21)....Jontre Kirklin, who saw time at CB and WR last year, was with the WR's on day one....Dare Rosenthal from defensive end to offensive tackle (last year) and now to guard....true freshman Charles Turner, recruited as a tight end, was at guard.... Jakori Savage, who jumped from OT to the defensive line during bowl practices in December, stayed on defense

TE Thaddeus Moss was a full participant, and fellow TE Jamal Pettigrew was in a no-contact jersey, as was Aaron Moffitt. Moss and Pettigrew missed all of '18 with injuries. TK McClendon was also with the TE's, while Siaki Ika worked at nose tackle, rounding out the 4 early enrollees (along with Turner and Derek Stingley) who practiced on day one.

Of 3 players who missed last season for non-football reasons, Travez Moore was back and working with the OLBs....guard Ed Ingram was not on the field but remains listed on the roster.....LB Tyler Taylor is no longer on the roster.

Brian, kcal, lsu-i-like and 1 other person like this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He the one got hemmed up for under age tail?

3. mctiger

I think so

4. mctiger

After the first 7-on-7 drill of the spring, Dava Aranda was asked how the offense looked. He said,"The quarterback knows exactly where to go with the ball. Those guys are prepared."

Joe Burrow is still recovering from left arm surgery, but insisted on participating in spring practice to prepare for the "offensive changes." Coach O says Joe Brady has brought in the Saints passing offense, and that's what's being installed. Ensminger will still be calling the plays on game day.

From nola.com

Brian and kcal like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Brady is getting a lot of positive press early; sounds like he is very involved. Not hearing much about ol E. Pretty annoying. I guess E is the O of the offense? A couple of football administrators. Cool if it works.

Brian likes this.
  6. mctiger

What I've read indicates Ensminger will still be calling plays, but the passing game is now Brady's

7. mctiger

247sports says Mannie Netherly has entered the transfer portal.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

If you read Dandy Don this morning we still need one more to leave so we can reach the 85 scholarship limit.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Weird setup; makes you wonder why we need E. I like having the veterans on staff, but I kind thought that was O’s role. Like I said, cool if it works, but with limited staff positions I wonder if it’s the best use of resources.

furduknfish likes this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Saw we picked up some DB coach from the Bears. With Cory looking for a DC gig makes you wonder how long we have left with him. That will be a sad day for the Tiger faithful

CajunlostinCali, Brian and Winston1 like this.