Spring Football Starts Today (Brian Kelly press conference)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Mar 24, 2022.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

A football coach with a coherent message? Weird. Good press conference, some interesting comments about Kayshon at the end.

Perple, lsu-i-like and kcal like this.
  2. MobileBengal

Something really telling about how Ed Orgeron left the program, Brian Kelly said that they didn't start practicing before spring break because the players were not prepared to practice. They needed more time in the weight room, more time to prepare. Jesus.

TCUTiger, Perple, lsu-i-like and 2 others like this.
  3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Bad news good news. Bad news Ed left somethings a mess. Good news this is the second time BK has not let the calendar keep him from doing things the right way. First time was when he waited a month to introduce the staff. He reasoning - they were new together and he wanted the staff to develop some cohesion first. And now this. Being sure his players are ready physically ready for spring practice. Expected result - less injuries; and the players should be able to get more accomplished. I'm really liking how Kelly is going about rebuilding the team.

4. MobileBengal

Kayshon had an interesting quote regarding the new strength and conditioning program on Culota yesterday, basically said they are doing a lot of flexibility and mobility work and "actually taking care of us now." That work is critical to avoiding injury, and if they weren't doing it before, that blows my mind.

Swerved, shane0911 and Winston1 like this.
  5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

WOW what a quote. Kinda gives another look at why our long term conditioning guy is gone.

MobileBengal likes this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Nick Dias referenced it in his post-press conference cast. Said a number of players made similar comments that could be interpreted as shots at Moffett.

MobileBengal likes this.
  7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I was glued to the screen watching that press conference. Perfect comes to mind!

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

So after a couple of comments I actually took time to watch the press conference. The whole time I keep thinking about how different this was than Ed or Les. Confident, professional, and impressive. I don't know if he has a notebook - but he has goals and a detailed plan on how to get there. The comment towards the end when asked why he requires the personal wellness check everyday got me. So the player can develop consistent habits that show up as consistently making good decisions and the on field result is fewer penalty. Overall, what stood out to me, he believes and is really invested in developing his players in ways more that just football players. And the way he goes about doing that, improves their product on the field. I'm excited.

9. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I liked Brian Kelly Hire from the moment he was announced.
    I dont know how this first season will go because to be honest Coach O keft a mess.
    But better days are coming amd in a few years i can see the Brian Kelly way paying off long term.

1 Thing i can already tell is their will be a better disciplined team and that can only help. Weed out the guys who dont really want to give best effort on and off field and go back to when you play the tigers you get our best every game.

kluke, TBTrumpet and BornOnTheBayou like this.
  10. MobileBengal

I didn't like it, I wanted Dave Aranda, and I was disappointed we ended up with some old guy that couldn't win anything at Notre Dame. But as the days went by, I started coming around, and now I don't know that we could have gotten anyone better (well maybe with the exception of Aranda....we'll see). It's refreshing having an adult in the corner office again, instead of the last two waterheads. His commitment to the process, building habits, establishing standards, the things he preaches all the time, is exactly what we need.

Chipeace, Perple, kcal and 1 other person like this.