Sporting News: Alabama is Unstoppable

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger_fan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

I feel you that Barrett (who names their kid that?) is arguably the greatest player in Bama history, Outland Trophy winner, started at guard, tackle, and center for some of the greatest teams in Bama history, a phenomenal football player and he gets good grades in accounting because all his Bama professors worship the ground he walks on ...and does community service, pulling kittens out of trees and licking them clean with his tongue to the jeers of the Bama faithful

But, he's your stereo typical 80s movie douchebag character to a tee, except he's not acting...that's who he really is at this point in his life

As for talking trash, he's one of the biggest trash-talkers in the history of human sports when it comes to stuck-up prick style trash talking

But, he's only a few years past being a teenager, and he is being coached by one of the biggest douchebags in history, and i honestly believe he will soon grow into a man that looks back on his time at Bama and is a good to great deal ashamed of the way he acted, and plans on using that experience to counsel many others on how not to turn out the same way he did in college

Richdog likes this.
  2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I would definitely put him there with the USSR or East Germany type of "machine" -- there's something very "Iron Curtain" about the way ol' Saban operates. I wonder if he banishes any of the malcontents or non-conformists to Siberia, or at least, the Alabama version thereof.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Auburn?

4. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I read a write up recenlty...I want to say it was on "And The Valley Shook"...that compared this matchup to Rocky IV. Ivan Drago, of course, was Alabama, and Rocky was LSU. Very astute observation.

5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

LOL! Good one.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

They just argued the point of the OP on ESPN's First Take. They gave Vegas "lines" on hypothetical games between 'Bama and various programs on neutral fields, including the Jacksonville Jaguars. They made Bama a 20-point favorite! Thank goodness for some sane heads; the two former NFL players on the panel not only said the Jags would pound 'Bama, they said they wouldn't hesitate to take LSU and the points this week.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Those couldn't have been vegas lines. Favorites? Crazy ridiculous.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

its all on our team. they can win, but they have to do it. we'll see if they can play inspired, smart and sharp football. however, a sober analysis of lsu and their opponent says its unlikely.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

(Be forewarned; this is a profanity-laced tirade)

This is all a bunch of god damn cockamime bullshit. We ass-raped a much, much tougher schedule last year before our game with these dildoheads and we got shit for respect. The nicest thing anyone said was Gary Danielson saying we were the best team on the field that he's seen in at least 15 years, which was accurate, but didn't come until after we actually accomplished something (winning the SEC). But anyone, and I mean anyone, that even goes near the argument about an NCAA team vs an NFL team is an asshole and an idiot and I hope someone farts in their mouth.

And what's with all the LSU fans wimpering and acting like it'll take a miracle for us to win? Gag me. It would have taken a miracle for Tennessee or even Moo U to beat the tide, but we're in a different league than either of those teams. We are, by far, the fastest and most physical team that the crimson turd will have seen this year. Further, those assholes don't know what it's like to be tested. Their character is a huge unknown to this point. They may very well shit the bed if they don't go up 3 scores in the first quarter. Who the fuck knows...but an LSU win isn't nearly as unlikely as it's being portrayed.

10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

You should know by now that Les Miles and his teams defy rational analysis.

tigermark and wjray like this.