Sporting News: Alabama is Unstoppable

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger_fan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

at today's SEC teleconference, Saban was informed by a reporter that some perceive him to be "curmudgeonly." His response did not disappoint:

"I don't know what that word means. I don't think it's accurate and I'm not sure I care and I didn't really even know that. I appreciate the insight. ... It's not especially complimentary I wouldn't think. I understand the words that I understand. I didn't really understand that one. I've learned a lot today."

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Again, douche bag.

Tiger_fan likes this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Bet Red could explain it to him.

4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Excuse me while I go throw up...

gynojunkie likes this.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

At least he has thick skin. Poor fella wouldn't last a day on this board even.

"I understand the words that I understand."

Excuse me, we all know that's les speak bitch. Get your own material. 100 bucks to the first reporter who asks les if he knows what curmudgeon means. Just randomly.

Guilbeau you gettin' this?

Eliminator55 likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

What about this one:

How can he say he doesn't think it's accurate if he doesn't know what it means?

I give him a pass though. For him it's the exception not the rule; whereas, with Stacey's dweeb...

Stacey, some people love the one they're with but go back and hit the ex now and then.

7. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

They certainly make you hate them. Sad to say if we get blasted, he's right.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Don't hate, imitate.

Eliminator55 likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Well yeah he certainly had an idea what it meant. He wasn't sure but he knew it wasn't a compliment. His bday story Is similar to one I posted awhile back. Hated his own party and just miserable. Would rather be locked up in his office watching film and bossing underlings around.

Perfect fit where he is in myopic gumpville where he controls everything from moms to media and can seclude himself from reality. But I said that when he took that job. Will never leave.

10. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Yeah, but with Red we all know he means it as that he is a "crusty" middle-to-older-aged gentleman which is the normal meaning of the term, and a good description of Red

With Saban, he knew that the reporter was telling him in a polite way that he's a complete douche bag, and Saban knows he is one of the biggest douche bags in world history, but hell, sell your soul to the Devil kinda thing...Hitler, Stalin, etc. like i said the other day, i used to like Bama (when they weren't playing LSU), even the Bear who beat our ass down a lot, lot, lot worse than Saban ever will, and I'm cool how President Ronald Reagan awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, our nation's highest civilian award, to the Bear

But Saban will never be awarded with American or Christian honors like the Presidential Medal of Freedom or the Congressional Medal of Honor or Sainthood or any Christian honors...he's the opposite of an American or Christian hero. He's in the Hitler, Stalin, etc class and that is just one of the things makes playing Bama and dealing with their fans like playing the USSR or Nazi Germany in sports and dealing with the fans of the USSR and Nazi Germany