Specifically, What do you like or dislike about Trump?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by onceanlsufan, Oct 17, 2019.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

this should work. Look, I have black friends. They are upset. Some more than others. A few shed tears because they can get emotional like that. Who am I to tell them they are wrong, that they shouldn't feel that way? It is a part of who they are. It is stories told by the parents and grandparents about what happened in the deep past up until today, when they see a black man getting lynched in broad daylight by a cop with a smug look on his face. I listen to them. Try to understand where they are coming from. I don't try to tell them what I think they should feel. It is real to them. It is not about bunch of stats people bring up when another black guy gets killed by a cop. You will not be able to "statistic" what is happening now away. It only simmers until the next public killing.

Winston1, COTiger65 and tzanghi like this.
  2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Nah man. Some maybe. Every race has that. Most just want to be heard and understood.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I see you didn't even try to answer my question, I don't blame you because I know you are not a critical common sense thinker or you wouldn't be a democrat. As far as your change in thought about man made climate change all I can say is;

"YOU BEEN HORNSWOOGLED"!
    yosemite-sam.jpg

Don't know why I am wasting my time guess it's a result of Covid 19 but one more question;

In January 1998, the collaborative ice-drilling project between Russia, the United States, and France at the Russian Vostok station in East Antarctica yielded the deepest ice core ever recovered, reaching a depth of 3,623 m (Petit et al. 1997, 1999). Ice cores are unique with their entrapped air inclusions enabling direct records of past changes in atmospheric trace-gas composition. This collaborative effort produced a graph showing earths temperature and CO2 flucuations over a 450,000 year period.

QUESTION

Explain the temperature and CO2 flucuations over that 450,000 years which 99% of that time was free from man's influence.

screen-shot-2015-05-23-at-14-08-29-2.png

4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

dinosaur shit.

el005639 likes this.
  5. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Kiki, the temperatures of the earth do oscillate over time. Everyone agrees on that. The point of climate change is that we’re going to drive it higher and that the current rate of warming is significantly higher than previously seen.

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

so what happens when the police say fuggem and walk away? getting close to that in louisville, ky

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...1ea-badc-23a96bbbe1f3/5ed843e1630e1.video.mp4

VIDEO | LMPD officers walk out on mayor amid protests demanding justice for Breonna Taylor

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Dozens of Louisville Metro Police officers walked out on Mayor Greg Fischer when he appeared during a roll call Wednesday evening at the Fairgrounds, according to a video obtained by WDRB News.

The video, recorded by an unidentified source, shows a large group of officers walking out of the roll call while Fischer walks over and begins talking to an officer. The video is captioned: "When the mayor walks into a crowd of officers!!!" and includes three blue heart emojis.

"Proud moment," the source says as they record the scene. "They don't want to hear nothing you have to say, Mr. Mayor. They all got up and left; good for them."

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Bovine scatology! It was warmer during the Medieval Warm Period and even warmer during the Climate Optimum which includes the Roman era. Greenland was named Greenland by the Viking in 985 AD because it was green and lush. They grew crops and had herds of sheep. The Vikings had to leave Greenland because of the onset of the Little Ice Age around 1250 AD. Do you have any answers why Greenland was so warm and lush in 985 and what caused the earth to start to cool around 1250? No? I thought so.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If I want to be heard and understood as a person white person they would call me a racist.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Don't knock dinosaur shit it's what fuels your car so you can go pick up your tampax.

10. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Citations desperately needed.

You’re also confusing rate of change (speed) with absolute level of change (distance traveled).