Specifically, What do you like or dislike about Trump?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by onceanlsufan, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I don’t know Kcal seems to me the willful blindness and crass hypocrisy needs to be brought to light.
    BTW nice try ignore the facts and slander the messenger. That’s right out of the Trumpster playbook. Try to reply with facts. Do you deny the numbers?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  2. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

We’ve been through this before. The debt will continue to increase as long as we have generous entitlement programs. The Democrats are the ones who play games with the deficit. They cut military spending and pretend that it makes a difference.

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I don’t ignore anything but choose to look at where we are from a practical position. We can erase the debt but both parties ignore it

You seem to be on a bit of a condescending roll here choosing to lump everyone into binary buckets.

no slander intended as it was an observation....wailing and gnashing of teeth at both parties may make you feel better and more virtuous but it doesn’t offer any real solution.

many things we can do to solve this problem if we have the political will. As of now there is no appetite to do so

and btw, I’m not a trumpster as I voted independent in the last presidential election. I am however a realist and choose to see things through that lens....by most if not all measures, America is far better off now than 3 yrs. ago....agree?

shane0911 likes this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So Trump doesn’t have some responsibility? Do you believe that he said “deficits don’t matter “? He doesn’t pretend to care about it.
    I agree there is much much blame on the democrat side. However in recent years the Republicans have surrendered to the spending without paying bug

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Of course he does. I believe that there is no D or R once they get to Washington. Once there, they all become E’s....members of the Elected party.

HalloweenRun and el005639 like this.
  6. onceanlsufan

Actually, all spending arises from the House. So, no ... Trump bares very little responsibility.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Well it seems like I’m treated in a binary Manner. I’m either a total genius when I criticize the Democrats and their policies and philosophy. Then when I dare criticize the dear leader I’m a left wing hack who wants to sleep with Pelosi (yes I’ve been accused of that).
    I understand there is little room for anything but the extremes in today’s society. That troubles me more than anything because I believe extremists are little more than destroyers.
    If we settle for only partisan positions and ignore faults on one side or the other we become unable to have a functioning society. I’m not doing it to make myself feel better or superior but because as @kcal said there’s no appetite for serious. If we don’t start pulling ourselves from this trap the country will fail. We have to start somewhere. You think I like turning people against me? Of course not. Yes I may be a lone voice howling at the night but we need to start somewhere.
    I have family that is as far left as @shane0911 is right and both are just as contemptuous of the other side. We can’t continue like this or the country will crack up. Neither side is right and both are responsible. In this case neither the emperor nor his opposition have any clothes. Until enough see that truth I’ll keep reminding everyone of that fact.

8. onceanlsufan

Winston .... we all agree, the divide is there, and everybody talks about mending the fence. So .... what to do. We can start by using the constitution as the guide! We can use the constitution as a measure of who is right and who is wrong. But we also have to realize that we can’t just spring the trap, and go back to a strictly constitutional society, but rather, have to slowly move society back to a constitutional republic.

When I look at issues in that light, the culprits of the division is pretty obvious.

While the Left serves its role in society, pointing out items that need our attention, they fail miserably at supplying Constitutional solutions. Their solutions ALWAYS degrade American Constitutional Society.

It’s the Left who want to dissolve our Borders.
    It’s the Left that wants a Collective society, al la Karl Marx.
    It’s the Left that wants to abolish the 2nd Amendment beyond reason.
    It’s the Left that wants to abolish the 1st Amendment to the point of thought control.
    It’s the Left that wants a Global Government overseeing Energy.
    It’s the Left that wants to abolish the Electoral College
    It’s the Left who wants to Impeach a POTUS who has done nothing wrong other than to defeat their candidate.

It was the Left that gave us Unconstitutional Social Security
    It was the Left that gave us Unconstitutional Medicare and Medicaid
    It was the Left that gave us Unconstitutional Federal Education.
    It was the Left that gave us Unconstitutional DACA.
    It was the Left that gave us the Unconstitutional Federal Reserve.

EVERYTHING they do results in centralization of power. ... and the Constitution was written to prevent centralization of power.

Trump represents the OPPOSITE of everything the Left strives for. So, he is a bastard, uncouth, no manners, sexist, racist, homophobic pig ..... but those things don’t drive his agenda. The Constitution is what drives his agenda ..... hence, MAGA.

Jmg likes this.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Onceanlsufan I pretty much agree with your characterization of the left. However that left especially the radical is a relatively small group. There’s a large number of both left and right that are more moderate and don’t hold all of the tenets of the radical left.
    If you survey Latinos, Asians and Blacks most of their core beliefs are conservative. They are what form the majority either way and would be persuadable. They frankly are the key if you have any hope of maintaining a constitutional government. Unfortunately it seems that many on the far right don’t want anything but a WASP country. Steven Miller is a key figure who goes beyond border security to racial cleansing IMO and Trump gives him a free hand.
    Beyond that Trump has pursued an extra constitutional path in many ways. He dispatched Rudy as his personal attorney, not as a representative of the government to dig up dirt on Biden. He has stated many times that the constitution gives him absolute rights to do many things that is doesn’t. He’s continuing the trend pushed by Obama to go around congress and act even though the constitution says Congress must be consulted. Frankly he’s taken opening created by W and Obama and ripped them wide open.
    From such dictatorship is made.....I’m not accusing Trump of being or trying to be a dictator. However he has more than set the stage. As I noted he has said many times that we can carry whatever debt we want without consequences. So he’s more like a liberal than a conservative in that vital area already.
    It’s not necessarily what he will do but what a future president can do. Remember if anything is certain the next president after Trump 2020 or 2024) is more likely to be a democrat. What Trump does the democrat will take further.
    The future of our country demands we find a more common path and return to being a center right country. The foundation and population is there. We just need to recognize that throwing up barriers is not a winner. We need to cultivate and accept those who agree with us on many but not necessarily all of our positions. If we don’t we lose what is precious our freedom.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

but trump doesnt have any racist policies. why would we care abotu this perception that he is racist if it has nothing to do with anything