Specifically, What do you like or dislike about Trump?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by onceanlsufan, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Not TRYING to talk to NOKO to hopefully TRY to solve that problem IS true incompetence. Obama was too chicken shit to talk to them and Slick Willie tried to buy their friendship. Trump gave them jack shit and increased sanctions. Trump in the eyes of the world is seen as trying to negotiate which left him room to say well I tried and he can increase pressure on them and take the high road. You can't see that?

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Great imagination caca....if it were true. All Trump accomplished was to give NK status and damage our position with our allies in the area. This at a time when China is increasing its aggressive moves in the area.

3. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

No other president has had any relationship with NK. Trump tried a new way - to engage him. The other way wasn't working so he tried something different. Still didn't work but at least he tried. And how good of an ally was Turkey if they run to Russia when they get their feelings hurt? Do you see France or England or Germany doing that?

shane0911 likes this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Again you are either mislead are are conflating things. You all state he tried to start relations as if it were in a vacuum and there was no history. Trump wasn’t the first to attempt to negotiate he was the first to try without any preconditions. He ignored our allies warnings as well as his security team. It was foolish. He then gave Kim credence and standing and received nothing in return. While Trump was sucking up to him Kim was developing and launching missiles when he’d promised to stop. He built up his nuclear capability again breaking his word. All the while Trump crowed about his great friendship with Kim. Finally Kim just rejected Trump’s call for another summit as he’d gotten everything he wanted. Trump was nothing but Kim’s patsy. A final insult that if it happened to Obama you would demand he be impeached.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

what would you do with north korea? demand conditions and then never meet? meet and then announce it was a failure? have a conversation with kim but tell him to fuck himself? what would you do to fix this simple problem?

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Well I’d just waive my magic wand and it would all go away. Obviously there’s no easy answer as it’s been around all my life. The part Trump play was only that of the fool in the play. He did nothing but damage. He should have followed the doctor’s maxim “First do no harm “.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

If I was trying to win your friendship and trust, would I be best served to talk shit about you publicly?

Trump is a salesman. You dont make every sale, but you don't talk shit about your client. I thought this was pretty clear to people.

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

this is a bit unfair as you must look at trump's actions at the time. NK was sending missles, etc. willy-nilly due to the US/China trade talks. Now he's not.

what specific damage did trump do insofar as US/NK are concerned? What "harm" inflicted our ability to negotiate with NK? Has Japan been harmed? South Korea? Aren't PM Abe and Jae-In of SK staunch allies of Trump?

you state there's no easy answer but you find much fault in trump's gambit....care to share how you'd fix it?

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Two points to this. First what has being nice to dictators gained for him. N Korea used him, Turkey used him, Putin has raped him and he’s in a trade war with China. He’s at least 0 for 3. Dictators don’t care if you’re nice because they don’t care about public opinion. They only want to take what they can. Trump hasn’t a clue how to deal on the international stage. He proves it every day. Second why is he continuing to abuse our allies? Whatever the issues between us they’re minor compared to the threat our adversaries present. So he’s weakening our standing with those who we have decades of common struggle while only giving advantage to those who would see us weaker and fail. Yes that brilliant foreign policy.