Spaghetti Recipes

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUTiga, Jan 30, 2008.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Zucchini and tofu ain't bad if you fry it up in bacon fat!

2. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

I get one of those wal-mart chickens that as already been baked, get some run of the mill spaghetti sauce. chop up some fresh bell pepper and mushrooms. add a little Italian seasoning and then throw in three or 4 boiled eggs. serve with garlic bread and favorite drink.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

And you won't eat raisins in a casserole? :rofl: Then again, just about anything is eadible fried up in bacon fat.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I forgot my favorite thing, I break the noodles into AT LEAST 4 pieces when I put them in the water to boil. Talk about makes it SO much easier to eat and when I cook for others they can't believe they'd never thought of doing that. Mostly when we cook spaghetti for our parents for softball tournaments.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Is that like "bien fou" ?:grin:

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

eadible? :confused:

7. HatcherTiger

Tiga. I like to take the Italian sausage out of the casing, add some bread crumbs and an egg and make them into meatballs. I begin the sauce with white onions and red bell peppers in olive oil, let them brown a bit. Add some red wine to deglaze. Let the wine reduce and add the 'mato sauce. Season with salt and black pepper or other seasoning of your choice like Tony's. Next add peeled garlic unchopped, let it cook long enough to soften and mellow. Let it cook a while and add the meatballs ( long enough to have several glasses of Chianti Classico Reserva !) then add any number of herbs to suit your taste. Crush the herbs a bit in your hand to release the essential oils. Cook a short while longer and serve over your favorite pasta with a shredded cheese of your choosing. My sauce goes back to my days at LSU. My roommates and I each had a night to cook/find food. I always cooked spaghetti and que'd up chicken on Thursday nights b4 we went out. Still enjoy cooking both but I no longer go out on Thursday nights.

EDIT: You can substitute vodka for the red wine to add to the sauce. Oh yeah, brown the meatballs in the oven b4 adding to the sauce.

1 person likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

bien fu, isn't that the first cousin of kung fu?

9. HatcherTiger

That's right and his second cousin is Tous Fou !

10. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

A couple of months ago a chef in Houston came to teach one of my classes. He made the kids Spaghetti and it was the shizz.

Here is what he did (pardon the absence of measurements. I dont use them when I cook, and I wasnt able to write down his instructions as he was talking). Also, this was made for over 25 people, so unless your cooking for mass amounts of people, I'd scale it down.
    Spaghetti and Meat Balls

10# ground beef
    1 loaf white bread
    2 # Parmesan Cheese
    6 eggs
    Oregano, salt, BP, Basil, onion& garlic
    (2) #10 cans whole plum tomatoes
    Chicken stock
    Chopped onion & garlic
    1 pt heavy whipping cream

Combine beef, parmesan cheese, eggs, seasoning, herbs
    Soak bread in cream, combine to meat

Saute (high heat) garlic, onion & Basil add chicken stock & tomatoes

Serve over pasta

2# or 10#= 2 or 10 lbs
    #10 can= 103.5oz can, serves 25

When I cook spaghetti I used to use Emeril's Kicked up Tomato Sauce. Then I realized that I could use something else and add red pepper flakes. Saves me $2.00
    I make meatballs from italian sausage, ground sirloin, celery, onion, green onion and a lot of parmesean cheese. Bake them until cooked. Add them to the sauce, cook for about 20 minutes.

For those in BR- hopefully this place is still there- there is a pasta shop in Drusilla shopping center. Go here. It is great. They make their own pasta and sauce.