SPACE FORCE!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by watson1880, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Elon Musk is the real Tony Stark.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

If Cap'n Crunch hates it, then not only is it a fucking fabulous idea but I absolutely love it!

3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Damn!

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No hard feeling Col klink, you've just drifted into liberal LaLa land as of late and I have to oppose you in principle alone.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I like the idea of a space force but we’re not close yet. Most of what we have in space serves the surface and air surrounding it. We don’t have the tools to have a real space force...can’t put people in space other than for short times. We can’t maneuver in space or really use it. Our capabilities today are more for supporting the surface and I think should remain under surface control until that changes.
    We’ve worked wasted 40 years dicking around and are not much further ahead than we were in the 70s.
    I would rather see a NASA like entity properly funded with the objective of truly getting into space as a species. Get to the moon and Mars with real space ships built to be more than ballistic objects. Develop energy sources and propulsion that breaks the bounds of gravity. THEN we can have a Space Force.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

As of now we have no Klingons or Romulans for them to fight. I don't think the solar system will ever be colonized in a big way. All the other planets are too inhospitable. Won't happen until we find some way to travel faster than light.

7. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

These are all things the Space Force will develop. If you want to turbo charge the development of something get the military involved. There's been more progress than you realize in the last 40 yrs (half a dozen people do live on the International Space Station, some have been there 6 months i think), but also much dicking around with NASA politics, slow motion academia, and meddling idiot politicians. The military will close the blinds and get it done. They've been doing it for millennia.

8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Well, with that kind of attitude we'll surely get our asses handed to us when they arrive.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Resistance is futile.

Winston1 and Frogleg like this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Mars is really visible tonight telescope peeps.

Bengal B and Frogleg like this.