South Carolina shootings

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by red55, Jun 19, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Prove it. When has "the government" said this? Not even the democrats in the government. The government here is We The People and that's not what The People want. It's not going to happen.

Must I remind you that 1984 was a paranoid delusion that did not happen. You are having one now and you sound like a Montana militia kook. I have changed my mind, you need to take some more bong hits. Mellow you out.

Geez, you are having paranoid fears. On what basis could you possibly imagine this?

So what? Just because precautions can never be perfect does not mean that we can do nothing at all! Do you see no value in greatly reducing serious problems with some common-sense precautions?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't have to prove an opinion dude. That's my opinion. You have yours. I'd rather be paranoid, fight it and never know, than give it up and find out it's true.

3. red55

Only because it is currently so easy. What is wrong with making it harder for them? A proper background check on this guy might have revealed issues that would have prevented a gun-sale. A certain number of known kooks would fail to pass muster and might be flagged for attention by the mental health authorities. Is there no value in reducing lunatic gun incidents by x%?

4. red55

Well, I thought you might have an actual reason that you might want to share after saying that.

5. LaSalleAve

Honestly, I draw the parallels from drug prohibition. It doesn't work. And I believe that a lot of liberals want this to be a gun free country. I don't. I like my guns. You ever pee and then minutes after have to pee again? And then again, and again? That's what I feel like with guns. I do believe there are people in the government that want us to no longer have the right to have guns. Being that I mostly subscribe to the liberal circle, trust me, they exist. Now regarding the keeping guns out of kids hands, how would you do that when the parents are law abiding citizens? Fine the shit out the parents? I just don't see a way.

6. red55

But so what? There are a hell of a lot more people in government and the citizenry that do want us to have guns. Its a phony objection, that the NRA trots out every time someone mentions the tiniest idea about improving the gun-control system in place. They wave their arms and cry that "They" are trying to ban all guns from all of us. It just isn't happening.

Damn right fine them. Make it clear in the law that they are legally responsible. Anybody with kids that doesn't have every firearm equipped with a lock or locked in a gun safe is already morally irresponsible. Make it against the law. Make sure that they have to supervise and be responsible for a child's use of and access to firearms until they are legal adults.

7. LaSalleAve

You can say it isn't happening but people say global warming isn't happening and I'd rather be on the safe side than just outright say no way it will ever happen.

I'd be good with fining parents who don't take the responsibility of gun owning seriously. What else could you do though?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

THIS! Simply said Red.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

not simple. not worth losing freedoms, regardless the intent.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Idealism confronts reality at this point. Freedom is earned before it is deserved. The responsible gun owners should realize that the more you have to prove you capability of owning a gun the less you will have to worry about owning a gun and carrying it with you where ever you go. Long and bad sentence.

Winston1 and red55 like this.