South Carolina shootings

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by red55, Jun 19, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Or he would have just found another way, maybe he makes a bomb or worse.

2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

That sums up a history course. If only more of the advanced civilizations in history did not get lazy and were conquered by another striving civilization then history would be different. We should take something from that.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I still see hard workers as well. And yes I was generalizing. As you said, there have been some serious shifts in the way the American family operates and that's where Newton's 3rd comes in I think. We were bound to experience some negative consequences. At the risk of sounding really provincial and old-fashioned, I think the exodus of so many moms to the workforce and the increasing number of divorces and single parents has not been good for kids. And then as you say, the apathy level of parents, many aided by alcohol or mood altering pharmaceuticals, leads to serious issues.

We are really good at placing blame in America but not so great at accepting responsibility. It's like the minute we find the guilty party, it's all good and we can go back to business as usual. Or we throw money and more government at the problem and that doesn't help and it take too long.

Social media, in certain aspects, is one of the worst things to have hit society.

4. edwardejw

edwardejw LSU 4 ever

Even with detailed plans on the internet I'd bet he would blow himself up. In fact I hate to say this but I'll bet he calls his sister mom.

How did Rodney Dangerfield put it in Caddyshack? "Now I know why tigers eat their young."

Allowing this inbred to even have a chance at posting bail is wrong.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. edwardejw

edwardejw LSU 4 ever

I see this with the Browns and Johnny (JFF). He can't even crap without people wanting to know what color. He is doing the right things to get sober and take it from me, it is a difficult thing to do. Add people intentionally goading him for their you-tube channel makes it more difficult.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Don't worry. He will never get out of jail.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So let's make it harder for law abiding citizens to get guns, let's make it to where any soldier who fought for this country that is diagnosed with PTSD can't get a gun legally, but let's militarize cops. And it's still easy to get on the black market. SMH.

Aren't people going to realize that prohibition makes it easier to attain things? When the fuck will people wake up.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Put the bong down, you are not paying attention. No one has said let's make it "harder for law abiding citizens to get guns." We are saying let's make it harder for children, felons, and lunatics to get guns. We are saying that people have to be more responsible for the guns that they own and the dependents that they shelter. No one here has said anything about soldiers or PTSD. Or militarizing cops for that matter.

Herb likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Maybe you are not saying that nor anyone else on this board but that's what the government wants. It wants to be able to label anyone it chooses as ungunworthy and you've seen the militirization of police, and the PTSD thing is happening now, ask any soldier why they are scared as fuck to be diagnosed with it. In fact isn't that an ACA provision? Maybe not but i wanna say it is.

But once we let the government take the smallest piece of freedom from us, the flood gates are open, and now they have precedent until we are living in 1984. Maybe not me because I'll be dead by then but it won't stop.

How do you know the test they use to determine mental illness won't come out that pretty much has everyone being mentally ill? Felons already can't get guns legally so it's done on the black market which is even easier. Kids can't either unless their parents get them for them or they steal them from their parents.

Bengal B and tirk like this.
  10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I think a dialogue is good. Where I think we go wrong is in how we look at the issue overall. If one looks at mass shootings as a process, then constantly looking at gun control is way too far down the line and doesn't address the underlying causes. It may be the low hanging fruit but we still have the mentally ill/hateful human in society. I have no doubt that such a person will always find a way to obtain a gun.

Reducing the stigma around mental illness would be a good place to start.