South Carolina shootings

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by red55, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

And in the reality sense you are not free if you think you have to carry a gun to go to Kroger.

You being a responsible gun owner is not what is concerning. Why can't we make it so that you have to show that responsibility in some fashion. How does that take away from your liberty? Why is it ok for any jackass to get a gun?

red55 likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Show responsibility to who? Who sets the standards? It's already against the law for convicted felons and those who have proven themselves to be mentally ill to purchase or possess firearms. I know lots of jackasses who own guns but most are responsible about their gun ownership if not about everything else.

I carry a gun to the grocery store not because I fear I might need it to shoot an old lady who is taking forever in the checkout line in front of me. I carry it to the grocery store because I am free to carry it everywhere I go.

4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

:) Since you have your gun down your pants you might shoot that old lady some day! They can be annoying.

But really, freedom to me is the ability not to have to carry a gun. I am free to live my life without being shot. That way, I don't need to have the freedom to shoot someone.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

The coo coo just on cnn talking aboutthe flag and br
    Messican carry?

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It doesn't take away from ours it might take away from theirs however. Can you imagine if they (govt) came out and said "if you have a special needs child or dependent living in your home you are not allowed to have firearm on the property" Holy Cow , shit would get real.

Look, I'm about as conservative and as staunch a supporter of the constitution as you will find regardless of if Red thinks it is outdated. What a joke, typical liberal freaking statement BUT; as long as we continue to let these freaking coo coo's get their hands on guns we will continue to deal with these types of problems.

AND

The erosion of society as a whole isn't helping either. The social media take over and allowing everyone their 15 min isn't helping. If the news would get real and put this shit to bed quickly it might help curb the situation. The news anchors need to quit coddling them and playing to their "He was a troubled teen" crap. Call him a freaking loon, Call his parents irresponsible and suggest they be tried as accomplices and put it to bed quickly and quit making the story about the shooter. It is what they want.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You have the freedom to not carry a gun if you choose, Just as I have the freedom to choose to carry. The odds against you becoming a victim of a random shooting are pretty high unless you spend a lot of time in bad areas. But you just never know. Seriously, I don't carry my Glock .40 into the grocery store or restaurants but I always have it in my truck.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

As you would expect, Hillary rushes vulture like to make political points over the Charleston shootings.

She tries to make it not only about gun control but about race as well. She is quoted as saying:

She noted the disadvantages still faced by many African Americans, including that the median wealth of black families is about $11,000, compared to $134,000 for white families.

Yes, the wealth of black people is less than white people but come on! $11,000? That is a blatant lie but what else would you expect?

http://news.yahoo.com/clinton-backs-stiffer-gun-laws-us-church-bloodbath-183342835.html

9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Dude, your earlier post about parental responsibility was the most direct, on point, response. Now this jerkoff is 21 so you can say it wasn't their responsibility anymore but certainly they may have done better raising a kid. When parents can't get their shit together who is left? The Govt. If people can't handle their shit then the govt. is allowed to step in (in my opinion).

I am asking everyone, why is freedom measured in gun ownership? Is that the ultimate test in freedom? Is everyone allowed to have a gun? Is that a birthright? To me it isn't an inalienable right. It is an earned right.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The right to bear arms is just one of the freedoms guaranteed to us by the Constitution but it is an important one. It's already against the law for some people to own firearms. We don't need anymore "feelgood" legislation.