Sopranos Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Cajun Sensation, Apr 5, 2007.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Re: Soprano's Thread

The whole Junior thing was to show a connection to Tony. So far this season has been about the 2 ways it ends for a boss. He told this to Bobby in the boat in episode 1. They showed the weakness of both Tony and Junior and what Tony is fighting to avoid in the future. They also potrayed this to Tony and Phil when Johnny Sac died rotting away in jail.

I think Tony decided not to kill Paulie because he kept his mouth shut and held his ground and that gave him some relief that it wont be a problem with the feds down the road. But he showed weakness and regrets it. Especially with him still rambling about everything. Tony knows that Paulie is still the only one alive from Tony's 1st kill and if he is pressured by the Feds again it could mean a big problem for Paulie down the road considering he cant keep his mouth shut.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The whole Junior thing was wasted time as the series winds down. The whole asian mental patient going beserk thing was a little bizarre and eerie.

Paulie is in deep chit. Tony knows that he told the joke to Johnny Sac that ended up with his cousin dead, Phil's brother dead, and a lot of bad blood with New York. Paulie talked nonstop to anybody and was indiscreet when they were on the lam. Tony knows that Paulie has the dirt on 30 years of Soprano crewwork including incriminating stuff on Tony. But Paulie can't be trusted to keep a secret anymore. And he has no legitimate income, which puts him at risk of getting popped and copping a plea with the feds.

Tony clearly was thinking about ridding himself of Paulie on the fishing boat, but the timing wasn't right. Too many people had seen them together. And Tony still remembers Paulie as his youth hero, "He was like Gary Cooper".

Paulie is in trouble.

3. bhelmLSU

creppy asian=Bobby

Both Junior and Tony get thier azz kicked and then go sit in the chair. And Bobby says people sit in chairs.:hihi:

4. JM Tiger

JM Tiger Founding Member

One of the most boring Sopranos' episodes ever. I was very dissappointed.

Two weeks, Tony has had (or seemed to have) murderous/bad thoughts about both Paulie, Christopher, and Bobby. He is getting very paranoid imo.

I understand the whole Junior is a boss and showing how they end, but did 50% of the episode really need to focus on him? Booooring.

And then they just throw in the Doc killing with no buildup or anything? I thought the NY power struggle could be alot bigger focus (But that is 2 for 2 deaths that really have just been a random shooting scene), and more interesting, than watching an old man come to grips with the end of his life.

5. SJS101

SJS101 Founding Member

I think the focus on Junior was his last hurrah really. For a moment it looked like Junior was back in the saddle and had a grasp somewhat on his alzheimers. Then the thought of him getting out and being on the lam would be trouble for Tony. But after getting back a little of his thunder we see him reduced to a shell of the man he once was having come to terms with his existence...oddly enough...in a chair staring out much like Tony does. Now as for Paulie...I think Tony tested him well out on the boat. In a stressful situation like it was, knowing what happened to Pussy, Paulie did not cave under the constant prodding and pushing by Tony. I cannot imagine the Feds putting as much pressure on Paulie to give up info as Tony did in those circumstances and Paulie stuck to his story. Yeah Tony knows he did it but Paulie has now been tested in Tony's eyes somewhat. If Paulie had so much as stuttered or hesitated I think Tony would have killed him. Paulie is a tough SOB and a father figure to Tony but he should probably keep his mouth shut for a while. I think Beansie's talk with Tony probably saved Paulie's life as much as anything. Thankfully all the predictions were wrong that the body found was Ade's. Hopefully now all the Soprano fans will let her rest in peace and quit going on and on about her. Seems that Phil will be quite the hardass as the NY boss. Glad it's him to be honest. The other characters in competition to be boss seemed so peripheral to me. I hardly knew them as characters. Phil is a much better character and there are so many plot lines he has been involved with that him being boss will make for a more interesting story to me. I just have this feeling judging by the last 3 episodes that this season will end much like the last ones...no great closure...no final shootout...no loose ends tied...just business as usual for Tony and both families. Maybe we will be left to draw conclusions and to speculate. Cause if serious stuff is gonna hit the fan...it better start flying soon.

2 people like this.
  6. bhelmLSU

I didnt think it was Ade's body because she was left out in the woods somewhere but not so fast with the no more Ade prediction.

Tony gambles away Carmela's spec house. The house Tony got for her to get her a hobby and stop searching for answers about Ade and to get her to not call the private investigator. Now that the Spec house is gone, I see Carmela getting caught up in it again or using it to get other things from Tony.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

[​IMG] :hihi:

1 person likes this.
  8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I enjoyed reading your commentary. I hope you're wrong about having to draw conclusions for ourselves and to speculate at the end. You're right, if the sh*t's gonna hit the fan, it should start soon.

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I must be in the minority but I think the Sopranos blows the last few seasons and this oen so far has been another snooze fest, the only violence was in that stupid movie Clever and one shooting.
    I dont want to watch Tony struggling with age or some soap opera, get to the killing and mob stuff.
    At this point I feel like I am on the tea cup ride at Disney with my daughter, I hate being on the ride, its boring, it sucks but I have gone this far might as well finish it.

10. bhelmLSU

I am a fan through and through so I dont like ranking the seasons. But the season a and b have been the worst of the bunch. I like to search for things that happened in the past that will come back or little references about the whole plot. I have a feeling this season is going to pull through in the end.

Season Ranks:

1. 2
    1. 1
    3. 4
    4. 5
    5. 3
    6. 6