Sopranos Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Cajun Sensation, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Re: Soprano's Thread

I think both of these scenes were a reference/tribute to Michael Corleone in The Godfather. The dropped gun after Michaels first kill. And the chair scene was reminicient of Michael brooding at the lake house at the end of The Godfather Part II.

1 person likes this.
  2. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

Okay...enough build up. Time for the poop to start hitting the fan. Looks like some of that will start next week.

3. SJS101

SJS101 Founding Member

It was hard to get a read on what was going on with Tony and Christopher during tonights episode. Tony obviously has an incredible fondness for him. Seemed like Tony was once again extending the olive branch at the Christening. And by the way, am I the only one who thought there was going to be some bloodshed during the Christening a la "The Godfather"??? We already had a dramatic hit in a restaurant earlier in the show and thought "The Godfather" homage would come full circle with bloodshed in the church. Anyway, when Tony was hugging Christopher you could tell the genuine love he has for him. But, what the hell was that look in Christopher's eyes? Was it hatred or fear? He certainly was not feeling too comfortable hugging Tony. Interesting to see what Phil does next week since it seems the gloves are off and he really has not let his brothers murder go...if he makes it through the next episode. Until next week!!
    http://kororaa.com/chickentown.mp3
    The music in the episodes often offers foreshadowing of coming events or insight into a character's thoughts. After listening to Chickentown, if it is a foreshadowing, poop is about to hit the fan. Can't wait to see it all unfold.

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I think it was fear. Maybe Christopher was expecting "the kiss of death".

And who's body gets found next week? Adrianna's? That could set Carmella off.

5. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Last night's episode was a good one. Johnny Sack croaked, Chrissy is may be on the outs with the Soprano family, and it looks like next week's episode is gonna get hairy. Still waiting for AJ to go to the dark side (and Meadow to dance at the Bada Bing!)

6. SJS101

SJS101 Founding Member

1 person likes this.
  7. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

That is something I had not thought about. My initial thought on that was Phil was gonna start getting his retribution for his brother. Or, possibly it could tie in to this whole Pauly angle they previewed last night. Possibly a mishap by him during a whack job. No pun intended.

I think next week's episode could be one of the better ones we've seen recently.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Cant wait for the next episode.

I think Pauly is in the clear right now after Johnny Sac died. He is the only one who knew Pauly was opening his mouth too much about Tony. But he could have made a mistake with that body if it was him but I think Pauly will go to jail after jumping out of Tony's car at the scene of the crime.

I had a feeling that Phil was going to act this way after his heart attack but Phil left it open with his last comment "No More of this" either he means he is going to lay low or get revenge for being disrespected. I feel he will battle with this for awhile but anything could set him off now that he will probably be the muscle since he is no longer the boss.

Tony better pray that Carmine is the new boss or he will have New York on his hyde.

I am really confused about the Christopher situation. I believed him when he said he didnt mean to potray Tony. But Tony said he knows too much about the subconsious these days in his therpy session and Tony is right.

I cant figure out what body the police found but I know it cant be Adrianna since she is in the woods somewhere. I am guessing it might be the guy who beat Vito with a lead pipe and Sil killed in the Bing. That would cause some more problems with New York and Phil. Sil and Tony would then have a problem (maybe Sil knew the head guy for the new boss was going to get whacked).

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Only an hour and a half until episode 3. I just saw the previews for the next episode again and noticed that Tony asked Paulie to take a ride on the boat for some sport fishing.:shock: We know how that turned out for Pussy last time.

That might be too obvious but we know Paulie will be crapping his pants and taking baby steps on the way to the boat.:hihi:

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Not sure what to make of the Junior Soprano ordeal in tonight's episode. The Paulie and Tony thing was kinda wierd, too. This season is definitely going to be an unpredictable one. Hopefully it will pick up soon, though.