Sopranos Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Cajun Sensation, Apr 5, 2007.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Re: Soprano's Thread

anyone know how to watch hbo without getting it through my cable provider? i used to have a tvu player with it but they dont have it anymore.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Wow. I hope that last night's episode wasn't indicitive of how the season will be. Last night's episode sucked. How are they gonna let Bobby "Bacala" Baccalieri beat the crap out of Tony? I hope this season isn't rubbish like last season.

Entourage was good though!:thumb:

3. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

I thought last night's episode was quite good. It set the tone for the rest of the season with Tony dealing with the reality of who he is and the life he lives. Yeah, Bobby is going to get some retribution for that.

4. Cajun Sensation

Why did Bobby throw that gun down after he shot homeboy? It was Bobby's first kill. I am interested to see how this season shakes out.

5. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

I thought it was quite funny that it was his first kill yet he had no problems shooting the rapper in the ass from last season.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I enjoyed the episode too, I can see they are going to have many flashbacks that have ties to what is going on in Tony's life. Phil is now going through what Tony dealt with after his coma. His crew is thinking he is soft and they are going to try to play him if he doesnt send a message soon. Will he try to prove that he is harder than ever or lighten up some like Tony? I think something tragic is going to happen to Bobby and his family that will prevent Tony from being too hard on him. But maybe Tony sees he has some fire after his reaction to Tony's insults. It all depends on how Bobby performs down the line. I have no doubt that ths season will be action packed.

I cant wait for Tony to make a comment about how Janice and Bobby are basically letting a black lady raise their daughter.

I have noticed that most of them toss the gun at the crime scene after a murder. This is common when they have a job they know of before hand because they get stolen guns that cant be traced back to them. However, there is something about the bullet that was rattling in the dryer and I remember Janice telling him to get rid of his rounds after Tony was arrested.

7. Cajun Sensation

I caught that, too. Interesting. I look forward to the next episode.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bobbie Baccala has been a low-level enforcer in the extortion business, not a hit man. He's too sensitive. Now he'll worry about being ordered to kill a kid who just happened to have the wrong girlfriend. Killing civilians is bad for business anyway.

I hope the season improves quickly. I've already seen enough of Janice and AJ. What's brewing between Tony and Little Carmine? I think Phil and his crew have had it. Johnny Sak will never get out of jail.

The Russian will come back to whack Paulie.

Furio will come back to hump Carmela.

Tony does Dr. Melfi.

AJ gets whacked. Please.

9. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Like bhelm said leaving the gun is common procedure in mob movies. The theory is use an untraceable gun with no prints, gloves, and just leave it at the scene. That way you have nothing traceable to you and the murder.

I think the thing that's going to bite Bobby in the ass is when the dude reached up and slashed at Bobby's shirt right before he shot him the second time. Maybe some DNA evidence left from the shirt or under the guys fingernails? Remember when Tony and Bobby were talking about how he had never mad a hit in the boat? Bobby made a comment about how they have DNA evidence nowadays. A little foreshadowing maybe.

10. Cajun Sensation

That Russian has been rumored to come back for 2 or more seasons now. Furio's return has been rumored alot, too.

You're right, Red. Enough of Janice. Janice is my least favorite character on the show. I've had enough of her. Bring back Christopha and Paulie Walnuts.