Sopranos Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Cajun Sensation, Apr 5, 2007.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

deep thinking? i definitely dont have it in me to follow that.

why not a simple ending, where things do not change all that much. why does every story need a crazy ending?

what did you guys want?

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Exactly that.
    A crazy ending.
    Its entertainment isnt it ???

3. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

That was a copout ending. I would have been fine with just having Tony continue his struggle to balance his home and work life and leave the series at that or having Tony whacked, go to prison, etc. Instead, there is an ending where everything is up in the air. David Chase was too pussy to commit to a real ending or he is setting up for the movie.

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I think I need time to ponder that episode. My initial reaction is that I'm not happy with it, but probably only because I wanted to see more killin'.

Of course, I'm happy that Paulie doesn't appear to have gone to the NY side. And I kinda like that it's business as usual for Tony, and his family seems to have gotten their act together, though that seems a bit convenient.

5. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

my hopes for a definitive ending....

just got whacked, rubbed out, and popped. and not in a good way.

:bncry:

i'll need a little time to ponder this ending as well, but my gut reaction is i don't think this ending will be well received and the fans were owed a little more.

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

It was weak. Really no ending at all. I'm very dissapointed. I was hoping for a Tony Montana shoot out.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I think it is genius. David Chase knows that no matter how he ended it people would be upset. So why not make everyone upset and let them figure it out for themselves or setup a great movie. If there is a movie, he knows no matter how much people might have hated the ending everyone will go see it just to see what actually happened. He turned a potential disappointing ending into the talk of the town. The buzz and speculation about what is to come will be flying this week.

1 person likes this.
  8. martin

martin Banned Forever

good point, but maybe that would have been a bit much. blowing up stuff for the sake of doing it.

i dunno if everything is up in the air. things are just continuing as they were. the mob business is becoming less significant, but it remains the same risky kinda thing it always was, where tony kinda keeps his family intact for now, while still kinda being unsettled about it. every now and then a guy gets whacked, peeps fill his place, power shifts around a little, the cycle continues.

9. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

Chase succeeded in making you, the viewer, paranoid like Tony and his family at the end. I can't tell you how many times I turned to my wife last night during the last scene and said "Holy s**t, they are going to whack Tony in front of his family" or "Holy S**t they are going to whack the entire family and Meadow will see it as she is late" or "Holy s**t, Meadow is going to get broadsided by a car".

Add to that the show finishes off Janet being a low life beotch and trying to scam Uncle Jr, Tony making up with JR by realizing he is truly gone, AJ coming to his senses sort of, finally parental happiness for Meadow, and Paulie getting cleared of months of speculation he had flipped - and there you go. Can't say I was not like "What the F" at the ending, but I think it leaves open a movie or series return in the future.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Never seen one episode, didn't watch last night either. But I did read this "take" on the SC Forum this morning.

If anyone remembers back this season when Tony and Bobby where on the boat and and he asks "what do you think happens when you die?" and Tony replies, "nothing, it just goes black."

Tony is dead.