Soon-to-be 8th grader Dylan Moses offered LSU Tigers scholarship

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tirk, Jul 25, 2012.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

LSU has given a scholarship offer to soon-to-be eighth grader Dylan Moses.
    Story | Conversation | July 25, 2012
    LSU courts middle schooler
    Updated: July 25, 2012, 2:46 PM ET
    By David Helman | GeauxTigerNation

T
    Last week, a hopeful prospect showed up at LSU's July football camp. He posted an impressive 4.46 40-yard dash, and he earned a scholarship offer from the Tigers' coaching staff for his efforts.
    It's a scene that plays out on college campuses every single summer, although this offer was different for one main reason -- Dylan Moses has yet to start eighth grade.
    Considering the Tigers are only just starting to hand out offers to members of the Class of 2014, it came as a bit surprise for a 2017 prospect to get one.
    "I was kind of shocked when I first heard it -- it was a dream come true," Moses, 14, said. "I've always wanted to play for LSU since I was a kid, and now it's coming true in front of my eyes."

More on LSU
    [​IMG]
    Everything LSU, from recruiting to news to game coverage, is available at ESPN.com'sGeauxTigerNation.
    More:

If it is a dream for Moses, it was also a dream for his father, Edward Moses -- albeit not one he expected to come true so soon. When the Tigers' staff approached him about offering Dylan a scholarship, the plan seemed too good to be true.
    "The coaches told me they were offering -- and they were serious. I thought they were playing," Edward Moses said. "Really, I thought that they were joking around until I saw the serious look on their faces. So I rolled with it. Let's see where it's going to end up."
    Much has been made of the offer since word got out the Tigers were interested in a soon-to-be eighth grader. Indeed, even if he accepted the offer, Dylan Moses couldn't officially sign with LSU for another five years.
    His workout numbers certainly don't reflect that youth. In addition to the blistering 40 time, the 6-foot, 205-pound middle schooler posted a broad jump of 9 feet, 3 inches and a 34-inch vertical leap. Impressive as they were, the latter two weren't so surprising to his father.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football...er-dylan-moses-offered-lsu-tigers-scholarship

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I have to admit this is somewhat embarrassing....

3. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

Didn't USC do this with a kid before too?

4. tirk

yeah everyone slammed lane kiffin for doing it a couple years ago. funny how that works.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Is this true or just a satire piece after Washington did the same?

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah, but Kiffen is a piece of shit, so anything he does is automatically worse than when anyone else does the exact same thing.

tirk likes this.
  7. tirk

troof

8. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Penn St. did this with WR Derrick Williams from several years ago. By the time he was a SR in high school, he was a top 5 recruit in the country.

9. tirk

10. ASD

ASD ASD

I agree. Seems inappropriate on some level. Should this be allowed?