Sonic Country Fried Steak Toaster

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Deceks7, Feb 2, 2008.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

just got home from sonic. tried the new limeade chiller. like the blast, but its a limeade (or cherry or strawberry limeade) blended with soft serve ice cream.

quite yummy! kinda like a keylime pie in a cup. i am already wanting another one!

2. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

I get mine tonight. Pulling out for Austin in the AM so we will keep it simple tonight. I am going strawberry with mine.....

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

The problem with the strawberry slush is that the strawberry chunks plug up the straw. I'm gonna try Okies recommendation.:).

4. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Took the Steak Toaster, Strawberry Chiller and O Rings tonight.

I will be in Austin tomorrow and must have a brew at Schultz's Beer Garden along with offering a toast to the LSU CWS Champs.

Saturday I will go to Lockhart and get some Kruez Barbeque That alone is worth the drive.

1 person likes this.
  5. OkieTigerTK

i also tried the cherry limeade one later on today when i had to go out for a bit. i like the plain limeade one better. i will probably have to try the strawberry one to make sure about all three.

but right now, plain the limeade one is tops for me.

6. stevescookin

Hey Okie, I just got my second limeade chiller (on your recommendation). I'm hooked... those things really are like a key lime pie in a cup...Mmmmmm:).

7. OkieTigerTK

me too, and yep.

and i know where all the sonics are between okc and br! :thumb:

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

An absolutely horrible piece of imitation beef. How fast food restaurants stay in business in this state is beyond me...

9. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

So my cousin from San Deigo was in town this weekend for my 4th party and she said she had a friend who went to the Sonic that Cali was talking about when it opened and there was a TWO hour wait! Not sure I could even want Sonic that bad! So we went to the one here and waited 5 minutes. Cross country and 5 minutes...not a bad trade! :D

10. stevescookin

How much does everyone tip the carhops at Sonic?

I feel bad when "Keep the change" amounts to only ten cents...but I also feel bad when it amounts to more than fifty cents on a small order because they aren't really waiters/ waitresses. After all, they don't take my order, bring my drink order, check on me after several bites of the meal, show concern, etc. I don't tip the checkout girls at the drive through. But the carhops DO run the food out to me. Does anyone know how they get paid?

By the way, as far as real service goes, I tip 15% minimum because the service is THERE...and at least 20% if it's not bad...Much more if it's good.